Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4
Occupation
Retired electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Does the lightforce piece allow use of the data ports after installation?
Sponsored

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
New member here. Figured id chime in as well just finished up my upfitter switch install no holes in the panels!

20200416_185447.jpg

20200416_190123.jpg
Looks great ??, question where did you wire into so that once you shut the truck off nothing can turn on? Or are the switches hot (able to switch lights/accessories) if you turn the truck off. Advice please as Iā€™m trying to add a bar light and Iā€™m going nuts trying to figure out what is off completely when truck is off and what is still hot when truck is off.

Mini.lobo

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
Essential worker
Looks great ??, question where did you wire into so that once you shut the truck off nothing can turn on? Or are the switches hot (able to switch lights/accessories) if you turn the truck off. Advice please as Iā€™m trying to add a bar light and Iā€™m going nuts trying to figure out what is off completely when truck is off and what is still hot when truck is off.
Much appreciated thank you. So i used the add a fuse taps under the steering wheeling fuse panel

fuse 29 (Micro 2 Fuse - 30A) for constant power
fuse 37 (Micro 2 Fuse - 20A) for ignition (switched)

My switches are wired in to a "custom" relay box in the engine to reduce the amount of wires needed inside the cabin. If thats not too much help i can explain or draw up my diagram of how i ran everything

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Much appreciated thank you. So i used the add a fuse taps under the steering wheeling fuse panel

fuse 29 (Micro 2 Fuse - 30A) for constant power
fuse 37 (Micro 2 Fuse - 20A) for ignition (switched)

My switches are wired in to a "custom" relay box in the engine to reduce the amount of wires needed inside the cabin. If thats not too much help i can explain or draw up my diagram of how i ran everything
Awesome thanks, itā€™s crazy Iā€™ve had my pod lights on a rocker panel switch for over a year, when I added my bar lights to the rocker panel switches I got a weird message on the instrument panel ( full
Accessory power active) so I took the bar light off the switches and only had the pod light and now it wonā€™t even come back on?? Checked all the fuses and they look good! Did I short something out? Anyways can you send me an image of the custom relay box, thanks ??

FD98D2FF-2C6A-49B6-B0D3-6F3AAEE994E8.jpeg

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome thanks, itā€™s crazy Iā€™ve had my pod lights on a rocker panel switch for over a year, tapped into 37, (switched). When I added my bar lights to the rocker panel switches I got a weird message on the instrument panel ( full Accessory power active) so I took the bar light off the switches and only had the pod light and now the pod lights wonā€™t turn on?? Checked all the fuses and they look good! Did I short something out? Anyways can you send me an image of the custom relay box, thanks ??

Last edited:

Mini.lobo

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
Essential worker
Awesome thanks, itā€™s crazy Iā€™ve had my pod lights on a rocker panel switch for over a year, when I added my bar lights to the rocker panel switches I got a weird message on the instrument panel ( full
Accessory power active) so I took the bar light off the switches and only had the pod light and now it wonā€™t even come back on?? Checked all the fuses and they look good! Did I short something out? Anyways can you send me an image of the custom relay box, thanks ??

No problem.

As far as the warning light on the dash I personally haven't experienced that my ranger has roughly 5k miles on it. And i have had all my lights on during night time trail driving only.

Potentially a positive wire came loose or ground? Good way to rule out the lights being burned out would be to connect + and - directly from a secondary source if they light up most probable a wiring issue

1st picture is the finished product the 2nd picture is the building phase

20200418_110141.jpg

20200414_101312.jpg

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
No problem.

As far as the warning light on the dash I personally haven't experienced that my ranger has roughly 5k miles on it. And i have had all my lights on during night time trail driving only.

Potentially a positive wire came loose or ground? Good way to rule out the lights being burned out would be to connect + and - directly from a secondary source if they light up most probable a wiring issue

1st picture is the finished product the 2nd picture is the building phase

20200418_110141.jpg

20200414_101312.jpg
Wow nice setup, perfect spot too! Thatā€™s where I have my relay switches mounted! I think Iā€™m going to copy your idea! Looks good thanks again ????????

55874572-2371-4C49-BDEE-8014A2158A65.jpeg

4DA69523-DF7B-46EE-8EA9-EB595811F9B5.jpeg

Mini.lobo

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
Essential worker
Wow nice setup, perfect spot too! Thatā€™s where I have my relay switches mounted! I think Iā€™m going to copy your idea! Looks good thanks again ????????

55874572-2371-4C49-BDEE-8014A2158A65.jpeg

4DA69523-DF7B-46EE-8EA9-EB595811F9B5.jpeg
Thats awsome!! The relay box will really bring a stock look to it. Let me know how it turns out.

Mine was a relay box from amazon with some time and a piece of aluminum to mount i up, worked out nicely. Hope it works out for you.
Its been through 2 shallow river crossings here in AZ and not a problem yet