Embark LS / Retrax Pro XR Read This Before installation

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the tailgate opens/closes normally. The cover just slides over the top of the tailgate.
Just asking because not all tonneau covers do that. This is the first thing I'm getting when I pick up my Ranger.

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the warranty coverage, according to the instructions and the dealer, is either the bumper to bumper warranty (3/36) or two years, which ever is greater.
The Retrax Pro XR comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty. It should outlast any warranty that comes with our trucks!

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm finding the Embark LS for significantly less than the Retrax Pro XR. Almost $500 less! Has this been your guys' experience also??

With the issues you guys have been running into, IMO it might be worth it to get the branded Retrax for the warranty...

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm finding the Embark LS for significantly less than the Retrax Pro XR. Almost $500 less! Has this been your guys' experience also??

With the issues you guys have been running into, IMO it might be worth it to get the branded Retrax for the warranty...
@Caliranger got it for $1,600 before tax.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...eau-cover-availability.1440/page-6#post-18906
https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com/retrax/retraxpro-xr/retraxpro-xr-tonneau-cover.html

Here you go FYI they may not give you a break on the Sales Tax if you live in California.

Cover.PNG

oggvorbis

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase

A quick Google search and quite a few dealerships are selling the Embark for 20-25% off MSRP and they're available now. Here's one for $1,579.50

https://parts.livermoreford.com/oem-parts/ford-cover-tonneau-vkb3z99501a42e

I had pre-ordered a RetraxPRO XR but was notified last week that the manufacturer is not expecting to ship them out until the first week of March at the earliest, probably even later, and had the option to keep the order or have it refunded. After seeing @JetEngr19 photo, I ended up getting the refund and ordering the Embark from an out of state dealer to save on the sales tax and should be recieving it sometime this week.

The overall fit and finish looks just as good as the RetraxPRO XRs that I've seen in-person on other trucks, so I'm not too worried on the limited lifetime warranty. I think the issues that @earsmccoy and @JetEngr19 had were due to fulfillment and packaging and not with the actual product it self.

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
A quick Google search and quite a few dealerships are selling the Embark for 20-25% off MSRP and they're available now. Here's one for $1,579.50

https://parts.livermoreford.com/oem-parts/ford-cover-tonneau-vkb3z99501a42e

I had pre-ordered a RetraxPRO XR but was notified last week that the manufacturer is not expecting to ship them out until the first week of March at the earliest, probably even later, and had the option to keep the order or have it refunded. After seeing @JetEngr19 photo, I ended up getting the refund and ordering the Embark from an out of state dealer to save on the sales tax and should be recieving it sometime this week.

The overall fit and finish looks just as good as the RetraxPRO XRs that I've seen in-person on other trucks, so I'm not too worried on the limited lifetime warranty. I think the issues that @earsmccoy and @JetEngr19 had were due to fulfillment and packaging and not with the actual product it self.
@oggvorbis I ordered from Livermore yesterday as well! Once I get my kit I'll report on the quality/installation.

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Just FYI to anyone considering ordering the Embark cover online - I ordered one from Livermore Ford a few weeks back and the package arrived completely destroyed. Almost certainly FedEx's fault slamming it around, but seems like the canisters may not have been packaged that well from the factory.

They were super helpful on returning it (I did not accept delivery). Though it did take about 3 weeks from order to return & refund. The guy I spoke to in their parts department said they had at least one other person with this same issue and may stop shipping them out given the trouble.

Going to try getting a discount on the Retrax branded cover, and if not see what my local dealer will do for pricing on the Embark.

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
Just FYI to anyone considering ordering the Embark cover online - I ordered one from Livermore Ford a few weeks back and the package arrived completely destroyed. Almost certainly FedEx's fault slamming it around, but seems like the canisters may not have been packaged that well from the factory.

They were super helpful on returning it (I did not accept delivery). Though it did take about 3 weeks from order to return & refund. The guy I spoke to in their parts department said they had at least one other person with this same issue and may stop shipping them out given the trouble.

Going to try getting a discount on the Retrax branded cover, and if not see what my local dealer will do for pricing on the Embark.
This is certainly FedEx's fault. The Embark I received from Livermore was in excellent shape. The packaging was secure with excellent padding. When it comes to shipping companies YMMV!

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
This is certainly FedEx's fault. The Embark I received from Livermore was in excellent shape. The packaging was secure with excellent padding. When it comes to shipping companies YMMV!
You should have seen the state of the FedEx guy at my door with the smashed package, and the look on his face when he had to drag the thing he likely just destroyed back to his truck! :LOL:

Livermore was great - would definitely order from them again. Just a warning since they said there seemed to be multiple shipping issues with these per their parts dept., if you need one quick, buy local haha.

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
Is the canister easily removable after installed? I'm assuming my motorcycle won't fit in the bed with the canister in place.
Sponsored