T Bolt For Bed Rack Install on ReTrax XR

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
Ok yall, where are you getting your T Bolt to install your backs on your ReTrax tonneau covers? I'm having trouble finding WIDE M8 x 35 T bolts. There are lots of regular m8x35 tbolts, but using the wide ones is key for the use of a bedrack onto the XR cover right?
These are the ones I am about to buy, but they arent the widee ones, so not sure if they'll even work..
Or would these be better?

Wide:
1655444380849.png

Regular:
1655444423101.png
Sponsored

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
The rack should come with the needed hardware; what brand are you mounting?

I know that Truxedo shipped my cleats with the wrong length bolts but they were good about sending replacements. The Elevate rack that I have on order also comes with them. Same with the KB Voodoo rack.

But I would be interested in finding the right bolts to had additional stuff.

OP
OP
ReigleCM

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
The rack should come with the needed hardware; what brand are you mounting?

I know that Truxedo shipped my cleats with the wrong length bolts but they were good about sending replacements. The Elevate rack that I have on order also comes with them. Same with the KB Voodoo rack.

But I would be interested in finding the right bolts to add additional stuff.
It's the OVS Freedom rack, didn't come with TBolts. Basically the same thing as the Yakima Overhaul HD. For Yakima, you used to be able to buy the tonneau cover mounting kit separately, but they were having issues with the TBolts damaging the tonneau covers so they stopped making them. I will probably buy a few different versions and try them al out!

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
It's the OVS Freedom rack, didn't come with TBolts. Basically the same thing as the Yakima Overhaul HD. For Yakima, you used to be able to buy the tonneau cover mounting kit separately, but they were having issues with the TBolts damaging the tonneau covers so they stopped making them. I will probably buy a few different versions and try them al out!
I can try to remember to measure the ones sent with my cleats when I get home.
Sponsored