Christopher Smith

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I know there are threads on Retrax tonneau covers out there but every one I found gear towards the RetraxPRO. What I am curious about is the ReTraxONE XR tonneau cover. Has anyone out there went with the cheaper of the 2 options? If so how do you like it? Any gripes or issues? Has anyone used the same cover and integrated the Yakima rails yet? Getting ready to make the purchase and want to know whether to go with the ONE version or PRO version. With that, does anyone know where to find discounts on any of these tonneau covers vice the full price? Appreciate the input everyone!
Sponsored

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
Dont quote me on this but I think the pro is the only one compatible for a rack?? My choice if I go this route

20200203_182440.jpg

Last edited:

edgefx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
Did you ever get the RetraxOne? If so how do you like it?

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
My wife had the RetraxONE originally on her 2013 F-150. The slats vibrate just a little and a couple developed a crack. It is only a 3yr warranty for it. We could have replaced it for free, but opted to go with the RetraxPRO for only the difference in price. It has a lifetime warranty and alot heavier duty. They are aluminum slats. I am going to put the RetraxPRO XR on the Ranger. It is not waterproof, but if installed correctly, it will just have a little water leakage. I like the fact you can open it up without having to let the tailgate down and it is lockable. You can also use it to help hold something in place if it sticks up above the cover by sliding the cover up to it and locking it down.

OP
OP
Christopher Smith

Christopher Smith

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get the RetraxOne? If so how do you like it?
So I ended up going with the Embark LS, or RetraxPRO XR, as I was able to get it for a good deal from a fellow forum member. So far I love it! Went on really easy with 2 people doing the install and so far has treated me well, I would definitely recommend it!

20200209_132048.jpg

tombdmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2x4
Went with Pace Edwards coiling cover with side tracks for a rack. Spendy, but so far works really well and I like having a lower bike rack for loading. Wanted a solid cover with rails for a rack, but happy I went with coiling so access to bed is easy even when loading with bikes.
upload_2020-2-13_20-35-52.jpeg

upload_2020-2-13_20-36-40.jpeg

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
We went with the PRO and have no complaints. Lots of knife-based attacks on covers and convertibles here in Seattle. The solid nature of this was the winning ticket!

track system.jpg

RoadTripRanger.jpg

SuperBford

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
education
Any updates on the Retrax One XR? I like the features and the price.... haven't seen how big the box is... that is the one area that Roll N Lock really seems to have an advantage.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Those with the RetraxPRO XR. I notice the side rails seem to encroach pretty far into the bed on each side (as compared to other covers). Have any of you seen this as an issue? Would be interested in any feedback.

Last edited:

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Those with the RetraxPRO XR. I notice the side rails seem to encroach pretty far into the bed on each side (as compared to other covers). Have any of you seen this as an issue? Would be interested in any feedback.
I just installed mines today. The only issue I've had was trying to get it to sit level on the bed rails. I'm probably gonna have to fix this tomorrow. Other than that I've been messing with it for a good hour or so contemplating what I'm gonna do next.

But to answer your question, for me the encroachment is quite a bit but I don't load large items often so I don't see it ever being a problem. Depends on how you use your truck.

OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2021 Raptor, 2022 F250, 2023 Bronco
Retrax makes an awesome retracable bed cover. The RetraxOne series is constructed from polycarbonate, the Pro series is aluminum. With either series you have the option to get the integrated t-slot rails with the XR designation. The integrated t-slot rails let you mount any numbers of accessories into them from companies like FrontRunner, Thule, Yakima, and more. The MX designation is Retrax's standard rails, no t-slot channels. Don't let the polycarbonate fool you, it's a very heavy duty cover that looks great and withstands the elements.

We've done a ton of the XR series Retrax covers so people can mount up mountain bikes, roof top tents and loads more. Here's a Raptor we recently did with a Retrax cover, rack and roof top tent.

We stock a ton of these covers! If anyone's looking for one let us know and we'll get you taken care of.

cgCkCKF.jpg

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed mines today. The only issue I've had was trying to get it to sit level on the bed rails. I'm probably gonna have to fix this tomorrow. Other than that I've been messing with it for a good hour or so contemplating what I'm gonna do next.

But to answer your question, for me the encroachment is quite a bit but I don't load large items often so I don't see it ever being a problem. Depends on how you use your truck.
After trying to do everything by myself and struggling, best thing to help you along with leveling is using a pair of grips. 2 covers I did do not sit right on the ranger protective rail covers. They seem bowed in the middle.
Get them where you want and clamp down one loosely near cab. Put another one near tailgate and adjust more precisely. Then clamp down tight. THEN, install your bed cover clamps... MUCH easier. Whatever clamps you get, make sure they open enough to clamp on.

71xaY4koArL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
awesome set up. What tie down are those? Racks too please.
Thank you! The crossbars were part of a RetraxPro XR promotional that came with the Yakima Jetstream Load Bars. The bikes are fastened on with Yakima Fork Chops. The hoop fastners were purchased from Rack n Road by my boyfriend who usually replies on this account :). I'll ask him if he can find the details. Retrax stated somewhere that most T-slot accessories will work in their rails.

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We went with the PRO and have no complaints. Lots of knife-based attacks on covers and convertibles here in Seattle. The solid nature of this was the winning ticket!

track system.jpg

RoadTripRanger.jpg
The other half of our joint account adding in some details here, the Retrax Pro was the only cover that had the T-channel at the time we were looking. Not sure if others have built in that tech now, but it's been awesome for us!

We have the Yakima cross bar setup with Fork Chop bike rack (essentially a fork tie down and separate unit to ratchet strap the rear tire of a bike on the rear bar), plus we added a few sets of eye bolts for using ratchet straps to further secure the bikes. My bike is approximately 8' long with tires so the Fork Chop allowed both our bikes to fit with identical hardware simply by reversing the rear tie-down for my bike.

https://www.rackattack.com/us/truck...MIntffnLTR7gIV5AN9Ch2Q8AHTEAQYAiABEgKm8fD_BwE

RuffCycles.jpg

I will say that you could fabricate the eyebolts, but for the price you're getting high quality materials and it fits the tight tolerances allowed by the narrow access of the T-channel.

Their literature says 500 lbs and I don't doubt it, but that would be near the point of material failure. Ratchet straps can quickly generate load over that if you're not careful. since we're only strapping down bikes, we went with the "snug but not cranked down" approach and there are zero signs of material failure.

1612482797009.png

1612482869188.png

https://retrax.com/images/InstallGuides/RX_Catalog_2019_E-Book.pdf
Sponsored

Last edited: