First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Veteran
Hello all, Im new here and was wondering if anyone has this cover (RETRAXPRO XR)and if there are any pros and cons that I should be aware of? Any suggestions or ideas are welcome thanks!!
Sponsored

Tim Stromberg

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Sport 4x4
Hello all, Im new here and was wondering if anyone has this cover (RETRAXPRO XR)and if there are any pros and cons that I should be aware of? Any suggestions or ideas are welcome thanks!!
Its extremely sturdy and you can put up to 500 lbs on it. It leaks like other tonneau covers if you don't take extra steps to seal it. The biggest problem I've had otherwise is with the drainage tubes that come out of the bottom of the canister. They get in the way and if you bend them at right angles they have crap build up in them.

OP
OP
soccer26fan

soccer26fan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Veteran
Oh man hearing that it may leak is concerning, do you have a liner in your bed? I am wondering if I should do a spray on bed liner or go with the the Ford drop in one, will one fit better with the covers? Thanks for the good info!

Tim Stromberg

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Sport 4x4
Oh man hearing that it may leak is concerning, do you have a liner in your bed? I am wondering if I should do a spray on bed liner or go with the the Ford drop in one, will one fit better with the covers? Thanks for the good info!
It's designed to work with both. Although I have the drop in and its a little more annoying to install since you have to drill a hole to install the bar that makes the back of the bed flush with the rails. But that install is a pain with any tonneau since you have to fish a molly screw between the bed and the cab to secure it. Also, when I say it leaks, the biggest leak point I had was by the gate since it doesn't have sealing. But that is just some splashes and drips. Using rubber seals and some liquid seal can reduce/stop that issue though.

OP
OP
soccer26fan

soccer26fan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Veteran
It's designed to work with both. Although I have the drop in and its a little more annoying to install since you have to drill a hole to install the bar that makes the back of the bed flush with the rails. But that install is a pain with any tonneau since you have to fish a molly screw between the bed and the cab to secure it. Also, when I say it leaks, the biggest leak point I had was by the gate since it doesn't have sealing. But that is just some splashes and drips. Using rubber seals and some liquid seal can reduce/stop that issue though.
Sounds good thanks again for the help!
Sponsored