Eibach install

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
One thing I noticed on the stage 3 video is that Noah doesn't even come close to that axle nut and manages to do a strut swap no prob...I've seen other guys in youtube drop the pivot bolts on the lower A-arm to pull the strut out too....
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
For people installing in the future:

The shocks can be reinstalled in either orientation. I opted for boots down because I read somewhere that boots up can hold salt/grime and also the boots only cover the shaft which is more puncture resistant than the body.
20200830_172800.jpg
I read on the Eibach site for a different Ford vehicle (mustang) that the shock should be installed with the label right side up, yet if we mimic the stock config on the Ranger, it would be 'upside down.' I peeled the sticker off mine, and installed them as stock, now I am second guessing myself. If you are able to examine the shaft end, there are holes in the boot mount that might allow air/water in or out. I just don't know if having it on the bottom where it might suck up high water like a turkey baster is worse or better with it high up near the bed.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I got it all installed, but question: are you supposed to put on the original yellow bump stop with its white spacer? How about the black dust boot?

The Eibach instructions are really unclear. As of now, I just have the spring perch, lower black plastic isolator, top hat, and black rubber upper isolator.
I didn’t use any of the original parts besides the perch. I feel if Eibach wanted me to, they would have stated so in the direction. Zero issues to date.

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
I installed mine with the boots down also. I have the Gibson dual exhaust and I feel like it would have been too close on the driver's side to the boot.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I googled for an answer on the rear shock orientation and ended up boot side down because I saw a photo of an Eibach test rig with the shocks installed that way. I wish the instructions were more detailed.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I googled for an answer on the rear shock orientation and ended up boot side down because I saw a photo of an Eibach test rig with the shocks installed that way. I wish the instructions were more detailed.
I had emailed them nearly a week ago - no response. Last Friday called, they were closed for the holiday. So I called today to assure myself I haven't ruined my ride...

The tech says it doesn't matter. We're all correct for our individual rationale.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Mono tube shocks dent very easy and then fail but have improved performance. Mount body up helps protect the tube and also has lower unsprung weight. This said you can still mount body down. Bret

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I went boot side down also. Before I purchased these shocks I had a conversation with Jason from Stage 3 (Thanks Jason) about the orientation of them and the stickers. This was his reply,

“The stickers only come one way and are pre-installed on the shock. Because the Eibachs are a monotube shock, their orientation doesn't really matter, and some folks prefer a boot-up, barrel-down setup, which is what you see in the picture.

In general, we typically recommend a shaft-down, barrel-up orientation (which would make the sticker face the correct direction), since you're more likely to puncture the standard steel shock body with stuff you kick up from the road than you are to pit a hardened steel shaft to the point that it tears a seal. Not to mention, the shocks come with a boot to mitigate shaft damage anyway.“

Last edited:
OP
OP
armoredpig

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Well guys, I spent another day tearing her apart and I put the jounce bumpers with the upper white spacer and black boot on.

The instructions state to reuse factory spring perches, isolators, tubes, and dampers. Their words, not mine. Very vague. So there's still a lot left up to interpretation.

Of course, eibach did not respond to my emails..

Tried getting her aligned at NTB today, but they said the truck is still too new and they don't have the setup for it. So, to the dealer I go!

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Well guys, I spent another day tearing her apart and I put the jounce bumpers with the upper white spacer and black boot on.

The instructions state to reuse factory spring perches, isolators, tubes, and dampers. Their words, not mine. Very vague. So there's still a lot left up to interpretation.

Of course, eibach did not respond to my emails..

Tried getting her aligned at NTB today, but they said the truck is still too new and they don't have the setup for it. So, to the dealer I go!
I emailed them 3 time’s and no response. I only reused the perch. Nothing else.

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
I didn’t use any of the original parts besides the perch. I feel if Eibach wanted me to, they would have stated so in the direction. Zero issues to date.
I could swear my instructions said to reuse all factory parts that weren't being replaced.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I could swear my instructions said to reuse all factory parts that weren't being replaced.
fingers crossed in my end! Ha! I have had it done for about a month now.....zero issues so far.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
fingers crossed in my end! Ha! I have had it done for about a month now.....zero issues so far.
A few shield parts. I don't think you'd see anything untill late in the life of the shocks. Don't they carry a lifetime warrentee?

OP
OP
armoredpig

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
A few shield parts. I don't think you'd see anything untill late in the life of the shocks. Don't they carry a lifetime warrentee?
Eibachs carry a million mile warranty.. But only if installed by a certified shop. Jerks..
Sponsored