Eibach Stage 2 coilover install questions

Shaun Harlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zr2 Colorado
Not really struggling, just trying to figure the easiest way to get this done. It just seemed to make more sense to me to remove two bolts from the LCA and unbolt the shock than to remove all of the steps 1 - 12. I was just trying to see if anyone had justification for going through all those steps. Always pays to learn from other peoples experience and thoughts.
The lower control arm method is the easiest and quickest way.
Sponsored

Alpinist

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Has anyone encountered a problem with CV separation going the LCA removal route? Also, the workshop manual recommends to replace the LCA nuts & bolts, has anyone done this? I'm about to install some front coilovers myself, and I'm a bit leery about deviating from the Ford procedure for the strut R&I...

TheBadger

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 STX Crew 4Ă—4
Occupation
Union Pipefitter
Anyone got the factory torque specs? I found them on here somewhere when I installed strut spacers.

New coilovers going in this weekend so I'm gearing up. Don't let me forget to pick up a 36mm socket!

TheBadger

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 STX Crew 4Ă—4
Occupation
Union Pipefitter
I believe the specs are on the installation document that comes with the Eibach kit. I had to google for the instructions.
For sure, I got the Bilstein 6112s which has specs for the strut fasteners in the instructions. Found the info for the rest of the components in the shop manuals thread. ?

Stagg Jr.

First Name
Stagg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4X4 302A - 2019 C-HR
Occupation
Retired (sort of)
Is the axle nut a 36mm? I read It was a 35mm.

Anyone know the right size?
Sponsored