First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Just saw the number since reposting. That is outstanding for just fuel change and tune.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Glad to see someone trying E85

I've been running e20 with great results. No dyno yet but from the data logging with Livernois they said it looks good

I also add some of the Lucas Oil Ethanol Safeguard with each fill up

Two gallons of e85 with each fill up and I'm set. Made a quick pour funnel setup using a spare capless funnel and regular long funnel. Couple 2 gal containers from harbor freight I keep in the bed with a strap so I can get the e85 ahead of time at Chevron and then go to Costco to fill up where it's .50 cheaper

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I found 15% ethanol locally but it was only 88 octane while I'm running an 89 Octane tune. Seat of the pants testing I felt there was stronger pull, and when I went half and half premium (with 10% ethanol) it seemed to give really good performance and would pull to the max MPH I was willing to 'test' without laboring.

Gas mileage i.e. $$ per mile does not favor the 15% gas. It's cheaper but doesn't offer an efficiency return. Fun-to-dollar ratio is different and I'm not out to ruin my truck after the time and money investment.

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
So you are running the E85 on the stock HPFP? I was under the impression it needed an upgrade to like a $2k aftermarket HPFP. Ive really been wanting to go back to an ethanol blend but hated mixing when I had my Focus ST on e30.

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
So you are running the E85 on the stock HPFP? I was under the impression it needed an upgrade to like a $2k aftermarket HPFP. Ive really been wanting to go back to an ethanol blend but hated mixing when I had my Focus ST on e30.
It's definitely not $2k. Definitely doable on the factory HPFP, however not sure many tuners will lean on them like they would on the XDI units.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Just so you know adding horsepower and torque will add more stress on the eng, trans, and running gear. There aint no free lunch. ?

• Wow
Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

ZincGT

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
yes stock pump.

Just so you know, ethanol dries out the rubber components in a fuel system. It will lead to cracking and brittle fuel lines, floats, seals and diaphragms.
Things aren't like they use to be, Im not worried. I have been running ethanol in vehicles for years.

Just so you know adding horsepower and torque will add more stress on the eng, trans, and running gear. There aint no free lunch. ?
Pushing while you poop can cause hemorrhoids, don't eat lunch.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Just so you know, ethanol dries out the rubber components in a fuel system. It will lead to cracking and brittle fuel lines, floats, seals and diaphragms.
Just so you know, we've all been running ethanol in out vehicles for years.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Let the power geeks spend their money and do their thing. It's fun listening to them brag about their dyno traces and et slips. Keeps the economy going, makes them happy.

No different than suspension upgrades, big tires, bumpers, lights, etc. Make your own.

Sulli

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Automotive Interior Repair
Had a chance to get one the dyno yesterday with Adam from ZFG Racing working on the keyboard. I'm running full E85 and other then the tune the truck has 0 power mods. After I run down this tank of E85 I'm going to put pump gas in it and do a dyno with the stock tune. I have since been talked into a turbo upgrade ?. I purchased a dragy and will be posting that data soon.
rg3.jpg

graph is hard to read 357hp 361tq

RG1.jpg

RG2.jpg
hp looks about right. Tq seems off by a lot. Wonder if that’s an issue from the stock hpfp?

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
I ran HUNDREDS of gallons of E98(basically denatured 200 proof alcohol) through my Mustang before I upgraded my fuel lines. When I pulled out all the old stuff there nothing dried, brittle, cracked, melted... Nothing out of the ordinary other than a bit of silt at the bottom of the tank. IME much of the concern over ethanol blended fuels is much ado about nothing on most modern vehicles.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Ive been running E60 blend in a 1994 honda for 3 years on mostly original fuel lines, nothing is dried out or brittle, and has caused no corrosion in the fuel tank either. Its a miracle fuel...