First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I actually did go to the rs forums and do some research and it looks like most people are saying 400ish peak torque is a "safe" limit. Hard to know for sure as I don't really enjoy getting analysis paralysis as much as I used to. Lol. I don't anticipate I will ever go big turbo on my truck unless I can afford to break the engine.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
ZFG Racing Tune
CRP Stage 4 turbo
SPD turbo back
Mishimoto Intake and cold pipes

439whp and 475 ft-lbs

dyno.jpg
Upgrade injectors yet?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Am I supposed to go on AWD dyno jet and have 4high on? Is it properly going to measure if it’s on 2high?

Currently at the shop and this is the first ranger they have done, the part time 4x4 on 2high still spins the front wheels too much.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Am I supposed to go on AWD dyno jet and have 4high on? Is it properly going to measure if it’s on 2high?

Currently at the shop and this is the first ranger they have done, the part time 4x4 on 2high still spins the front wheels too much.
Just do it in 2wd. AWD dynos can operate in 2wd mode. If you do it in 4wd then you are adding parasitic drag and will get lower numbers. If you are spinning in a 4cyl turbo truck on the rollers, then that means the operators have not strapped it down correctly. MUCH higher HP cars dyno with very little if any spinning.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Just do it in 2wd. AWD dynos can operate in 2wd mode. If you do it in 4wd then you are adding parasitic drag and will get lower numbers. If you are spinning in a 4cyl turbo truck on the rollers, then that means the operators have not strapped it down correctly. MUCH higher HP cars dyno with very little if any spinning.
They have it on the 2wd dyno currently and it spins from the front. Does that change anything in terms of not operating it correctly? So AWD Dyno, used 2high. Thank you.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Cant they just make you back into it so that your rear wheels spin it?
They have. But he said it just feels off. The front is moving and he talked with his boss and he said it doesn’t look right either.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Just run the AWD in high.
Will be doing the AWD, you mean 4hi or 2hi? I’m just worried it won’t properly measure if I’m on the AWD dyno but in 2high. And I also don’t want them to be stressing the engine on 4high running it hard, or it has to be done?

Overall I think I got quite the headache from this place and need to figure out the details. And maybe look somewhere else

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Will be doing the AWD, you mean 4hi or 2hi? I’m just worried it won’t properly measure if I’m on the AWD dyno but in 2high. And I also don’t want them to be stressing the engine on 4high running it hard, or it has to be done?

Overall I think I got quite the headache from this place and need to figure out the details. And maybe look somewhere else
4 high ..

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger

Maybe look somewhere else.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Or just do it in AWD mode and your truck in 4 high. Just remember it will read differently due to the extra parasitic drag, but at least you can use it as a benchmark. You would just always have to dyno that way.

It should be safe for the drivetrain too since no high speed turning in involved like being on the road in 4 high.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Or just do it in AWD mode and your truck in 4 high. Just remember it will read differently due to the extra parasitic drag, but at least you can use it as a benchmark. You would just always have to dyno that way.

It should be safe for the drivetrain too since no high speed turning in involved like being on the road in 4 high.
Yeah I think the AWD on 4 high will have to be the route on the AWD dyno jet. Makes sense the high speed turning on the road is the issue.

They are going to give the company a call and figure out if they can figure out anything. But it’s $240 for a AWD Dino fart ? ?

I shall hold off until I figure out the details and maybe look up another place. Weird though cause they are called “the dyno shop” but he did say new corvettes and new bmw are less numbers on dynos due to some way the front wheel spins a little

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Yeah I think the AWD on 4 high will have to be the route on the AWD dyno jet. Makes sense the high speed turning on the road is the issue.

They are going to give the company a call and figure out if they can figure out anything. But it’s $240 for a AWD Dino fart ? ?

I shall hold off until I figure out the details and maybe look up another place. Weird though cause they are called “the dyno shop” but he did say new corvettes and new bmw are less numbers on dynos due to some way the front wheel spins a little
DINOFARTS ! :like:
Sponsored