Do ya’ll turn your AC off before turning truck off?

SpaceGhost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Anyone ever run the ac with the windows open? I have because I like the window open but I get dripping on my accelerator foot. I probably should stop that.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Anyone ever run the ac with the windows open? I have because I like the window open but I get dripping on my accelerator foot. I probably should stop that.
I do that a lot just to get fresh air inside but I've never had anything dripping on my foot. But it's hot and dry here so we don't ever get any condensation build up. At least that's what I hope is dripping on your foot? :shock: ?

Reactions: Doc

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I will need to verify this, but I believe the AC compressor used on the Ranger like many others is a clutchless unit. Instead of a clutch to sycle the compressor on/off there is a solenoid valve that opens and allows freon to flow through the system. When the AC is shut off the compressor is in bypass mode for lack of a better term but will continue to be driven by the belt system. There is no detriment at all in turning the system off when shutting the car off. The only real benefit would be to switch the system off recirculate to allow the accumulator coils to dry and prevent mildew development in high humidity environments.
Back on topic. Can't speak for all but I don't think Ford would want to determine on the assembly line as which type of a/c system would be used. That being said my 19 XL STX with manual HVAC system the compressor clutch only engages with A/C or defrost turned on. Confirmed. So no clutchless system here. :like:

Reactions: Doc

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I generally dislike AC, drys my eyes out too much. When I'm alone my HVAC is on auto, but with AC switched off, all cooling provided by windows. Unless it's just stupid hot out.

I'll generally hit the AC on for passengers and crack my window to let some of the cold/dry air out before it smacks me in the face.

Went to go pick up my kid from practice yesterday. Beautiful day right around 80. Windows down rear slider open on the way to get her, hit the AC on while waiting for her. About halfway home she asked "why do you have the AC on with all the windows open?"

tenor.gif

Never got a drip though. I'll watch out for it on hotter days.
Sponsored