geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Nice job!
If you saved a version before and after the change you can use Windows command line FC (file compare) to see whats different. It will compare the backup files and show you text results, you can also redirect to a file for ex
Code:
FC xxx.abt yyy.abt > FCresults.txt
Good catch.
Ran the file compare and there were a few things that changed in block 7, in addition to the block 1 that I mentioned. So it may be best to wait till forscan drops an update to the main build and puts it into a drop down menu.
Sponsored

Deebo2019

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Crew Cab
Any updates to this thread, thinking of adding a compact powered sub behind the rear seat in my crew cab XLT.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Any updates to this thread, thinking of adding a compact powered sub behind the rear seat in my crew cab XLT.
Forscan has a new update with a GUI section for the ACM which has a switch to turn off the fake engine noise. It's all over the Forscan thread.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
So, the ability to disable Fake Engine Noise has been accomplished? Right when I was going to accept I'd be stuck with the factory sound system...

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Wasn't gonna get forscan, now it's my next purchase:rockon:
It's free, you can use 2 month licenses forever. You can try it before you buy it to make sure it's worth your purchase. For some, the cost for the lifetime is worth the cost of removing the noise.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
My S550 GT Mustang had the engine noise manually piped into the cabin from the air box via a tube that went in through the firewall. When I Roush tuned it the Roush air box deleted it and provided a plug to insert into the hole in the firewall. I get the concept for a sports car/truck/SUV, but for a 4cyl mid sized pickup?

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
It's free, you can use 2 month licenses forever. You can try it before you buy it to make sure it's worth your purchase. For some, the cost for the lifetime is worth the cost of removing the noise.
I'm sure I'll get hooked and play with much more settings:giggle: but I don't see any other reason I'd spend $60 for the adapter, I'm okay with everything else the way it is, it's a bonus to change the other little stuff

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My S550 GT Mustang had the engine noise manually piped into the cabin from the air box via a tube that went in through the firewall. When I Roush tuned it the Roush air box deleted it and provided a plug to insert into the hole in the firewall. I get the concept for a sports car/truck/SUV, but for a 4cyl mid sized pickup?
The Focus ST had the same pipe, it put intake burble into the cabin under heavy throttle. For a few months I disconnected the valve and just straight piped it for fun. (the intake pipe). It breaks up the silence I suppose, but I'm looking forward to being able to hear whats going on in my truck instead of noises coming from the speakers.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure I'll get hooked and play with much more settings:giggle: but I don't see any other reason I'd spend $60 for the adapter, I'm okay with everything else the way it is, it's a bonus to change the other little stuff
ELM327 with the HS/MS switch can be had on Amazon for 11$ or less.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
The Focus ST had the same pipe, it put intake burble into the cabin under heavy throttle. For a few months I disconnected the valve and just straight piped it for fun. (the intake pipe). It breaks up the silence I suppose, but I'm looking forward to being able to hear whats going on in my truck instead of noises coming from the speakers.
That's a symposer.

It's a little different than fake noise over the speakers.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
That's a symposer.

It's a little different than fake noise over the speakers.
Same idea of engine noise in the cabin was my point, but you are correct in it being via a different method. Is the sound in the speakers simulated or actual sound measured from the engine bay and can it be heard when the stereo is turned off?

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
ELM327 with the HS/MS switch can be had on Amazon for 11$ or less.
Too late lol already ordered it:crazy: I don't mind the price much... I only say that not realizing there's a wireless one with a scanner for $40 more :headbang: oh well, It is what it is.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Same idea of engine noise in the cabin was my point, but you are correct in it being via a different method. Is the sound in the speakers simulated or actual sound measured from the engine bay and can it be heard when the stereo is turned off?
Simulated.

From what I've been told it's always on regardless of stereo. Inhibits a lot of audio upgrades for folks.

I personally can't hear it that much.

I've been told you can tell the difference by opening the door as that disables it, but can't tell much of difference.
Sponsored