OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I just want to let you guys know I did some playing around with the location of my spares in the bed to see how they affect my suspension and I've found a big difference between my spares right behind the cab vs all the way back. With the spares in the bed all the way back they help soak up the bumps even better.

Wolfman00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx4
I just want to let you guys know I did some playing around with the location of my spares in the bed to see how they affect my suspension and I've found a big difference between my spares right behind the cab vs all the way back. With the spares in the bed all the way back they help soak up the bumps even better.
back in the day all the extended cab desert rangers notched out the bed in the back and ran dual spares, i asked one guy about it and he said it made him “fly better” haha. so i guess it really balanced it out!

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know what front bushings I can use to replace the ones that come with the deavers? I didn't grease mine on install and they squeak. Would be nice to swap em out and grease them up this time.
Feel free to drop some options.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Anyone know what front bushings I can use to replace the ones that come with the deavers? I didn't grease mine on install and they squeak. Would be nice to swap em out and grease them up this time.
Assuming you got them from APG I would contact them about replacement bushings. Since it is aftermarket leafs it's unknown what bushings will fit besides the Deaver Bushings. Same idea for the Old Man EMU leafs

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Assuming you got them from APG I would contact them about replacement bushings. Since it is aftermarket leafs it's unknown what bushings will fit besides the Deaver Bushings. Same idea for the Old Man EMU leafs
I would think any standard bushings would work just want to know if anyone knows for sure of any bushings that will work. Like with part numbers.

gryder

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
So I reached out to APG and this is what they said about the bushings.

Yes we sell them but it is highly likely they just need to be serviced, pull the bushing (clean and re grease)
Only change them if they are damaged.. it takes years for that.

They didn’t provide a part number or any sizes but at least they still sell them if you really need them.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No surprise that they still sell them. Guessing that it is a particular type of Polyurethane for the bushing I will agree that it should take quite a while for it to wear out.

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been feeling a little loose like the chassis was gonna fall apart from the cab and my truck looked crooked. Couldn't see my u-bolts so I stuck my phone in the wheel well and yea I found out why my rear axle was so crooked.
PXL_20230902_213039148.MP.jpg
PXL_20230902_213106092.MP.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Ouch!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Definitely do some investigating there. I'm curious if all that causes it was the U-Bolts coming loose

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Definitely do some investigating there. I'm curious if all that causes it was the U-Bolts coming loose
I'm gonna go with air time since that's more dramatic in my head...

vO7q9P.gif

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like my u-bolts broke loose from the plate and the rear axle is now scooted back on the right side because the plate isn't keeping it from going fore/aft.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Been feeling a little loose like the chassis was gonna fall apart from the cab and my truck looked crooked. Couldn't see my u-bolts so I stuck my phone in the wheel well and yea I found out why my rear axle was so crooked.
PXL_20230902_213039148.MP.jpg
PXL_20230902_213106092.MP.jpg
As @Frenchy mentioned, that needs some close investigation. If that top plate is the Deaver design (it doesn't look like the Ford one at all) I think you'd have a potentially disastrous failure of the rear suspension likely while in motion. I'd address it with them right away. Are/were the U bolts stock?

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As @Frenchy mentioned, that needs some close investigation. If that top plate is the Deaver design (it doesn't look like the Ford one at all) I think you'd have a potentially disastrous failure of the rear suspension likely while in motion. I'd address it with them right away. Are/were the U bolts stock?
That plate is their design. Those u-bolts and plate came with the springs. I used what they gave me.
Sponsored