dealer telling me he can't install a part for what Ford Accessory charged me for install

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
No, not an idiot.
It's Wednesday, and we're all jumpy about the weekend coming up and whether or not we're going to be ordering that new Ford Splash... ;)
Good thing OP didn't mention vaccine...;)
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Ford shipped the part to the dealer. He went to the dealer where they shipped it. Did you read the post? Why are you all so quick to assume OP did something wrong?
Exxxccuuuussseee me. I missed that part. Sorry. I didnā€™t drill the guy. I wasnā€™t aware it was even an option for installation. Obviously itā€™s not a great choice but they should honor it. Ask to see the Service Manager or General Manager.

CJBax

First Name
Cruiser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Development
Lol good stuff.

BTW, OP, how exactly was it all resolved and what was the issue? I can't be the only curious one.

Regardless, glad you got it sorted.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
On the Bronco B&P you can order many accessories as a DIO, Dealer installed option, and pay Ford, they ship to Dealer for install. Can't believe how fast so many were basically jumping all over the OP without a bit of evidence. OH, this is the internet, no proof needed.

OP
OP
towpro

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
Lol good stuff.

BTW, OP, how exactly was it all resolved and what was the issue? I can't be the only curious one.

Regardless, glad you got it sorted.
Just set them straight including copies of my receipt from ford, and told them "I think your going to have to call Ford on this one".

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I got it straightened out with the dealer, but some of you are getting out of hand here.
I now realize I did not post https://accessories.ford.com/ on the original post, so I guess I am a "boomer" (but only by a couple days) but I "assumed" everyone else here knew about this website. (in fact I learned about this part I bought here on this site). its a real website, hosted by non other than Ford. Mike posted a picture. Exactly what I did. thanks Mike. I guess I come across as an idiot here.
I was just poking fun. But I like pie so I'll eat my crow!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Don't take it personally. This is the internet. It's like the old west; shoot first, shoot again, shoot some more and then ask questions.
I prefer to shoot first then shoot again then shoot some more also shoot myself shoot the tree over there and shoot Grandma across the road.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
Good thing OP didn't mention vaccine...;)
God FORBID if he mentioned the dreaded damper...then it would have gotten REALY out of hand.

towpro, glad you got it straight. you will find many (but not ALL) folks working at a dealership exude awesome levels of confidence and mediocre levels of intelligence. :(

D

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
There have been previous reports of dealers not being happy with the pre-paid installation options, but they eventually honor it. Makes you wonder if Ford isn't charging enough, or if the dealers are overcharging...

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
There have been previous reports of dealers not being happy with the pre-paid installation options, but they eventually honor it. Makes you wonder if Ford isn't charging enough, or if the dealers are overcharging...
vote overcharging

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I looked into this module when I first got my truck. Itā€™s pretty much a plug and play item. Not much to installation ether. If a dealer is bitching about a 10 minute job then they need some diapers and some strained peas!
Sponsored