Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
The only time I've had odd leaks (in a Corolla) was after a cracked windshield was replaced. They then "fixed" it and it kept leaking, then another replacement windshield and it was okay.

Water rus into odd places and is often hard to uncover its source.
Sponsored

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I have no idea if our trucks have door drains but I would assume they do.....anyways.....My Wife's Nissan was having some issues similar to yours and it turned out to be clogged drain holes in the bottom of the door. A quick poke to clear it and all of the water came out. Worth checking for hopefully an easy fix.

shawndo919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Sport FX4
Iā€™m glad I found this post. We got some heavy rain (heavy for Southern California) and Sunday afternoon I noticed a lot of water on the drivers side floor. The strange thing was that it seemed to be coming from the dash and not from the door. A little inspection and I found a good amount of water filling up the fuse panel under the steering wheel.

Finding this post reminds me that a few days after owning the truck, I had condensation on the inside windshield when heading out in early morning. I thought it was weird but may have been related to the dealer detailing the truck before I picked it up.

I traded my ā€˜19 XLT for this ā€˜22 FX4 and so far Iā€™m not 100% happy. Iā€™m missing a couple of the items that ford deleted, been going back and forth with the dealer on a finance issue and now have to worry about water in the cab. I attached a screencap from a video I took for the dealer.

11A2FE69-A532-469A-A4B7-714FE7006F24.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Tremor

The Tremor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Iā€™m glad I found this post. We got some heavy rain (heavy for Southern California) and Sunday afternoon I noticed a lot of water on the drivers side floor. The strange thing was that it seemed to be coming from the dash and not from the door. A little inspection and I found a good amount of water filling up the fuse panel under the steering wheel.

Finding this post reminds me that a few days after owning the truck, I had condensation on the inside windshield when heading out in early morning. I thought it was weird but may have been related to the dealer detailing the truck before I picked it up.

I traded my ā€˜19 XLT for this ā€˜22 FX4 and so far Iā€™m not 100% happy. Iā€™m missing a couple of the items that ford deleted, been going back and forth with the dealer on a finance issue and now have to worry about water in the cab. I attached a screencap from a video I took for the dealer.

11A2FE69-A532-469A-A4B7-714FE7006F24.jpeg
yeah that sounds like the windshield. there is a recall on it for certain rangers. mine leaked on both sides. they replaced the windshield a couple of weeks ago and so far no leaks. other than this issue i am very happy with this truck. of all the vehicles iā€™ve had in my 45 years of driving i like this one best

shawndo919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Sport FX4
yeah that sounds like the windshield. there is a recall on it for certain rangers. mine leaked on both sides. they replaced the windshield a couple of weeks ago and so far no leaks. other than this issue i am very happy with this truck. of all the vehicles iā€™ve had in my 45 years of driving i like this one best
Thanks! This gives me hope. ?

I loved my 2019 and was kicking myself for not getting all the features I wanted out of the gate.

As long as the leak is fixed, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll regain that original love affair.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
So youā€™re all fixed up now?

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Thanks! This gives me hope. ?

I loved my 2019 and was kicking myself for not getting all the features I wanted out of the gate.

As long as the leak is fixed, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll regain that original love affair.
I did the same thing. Traded my 2020 for a 22 with features i wanted. Deletes i really miss is the head rest that tilts and the hood struts. Minor thing. First world probkems. Lol

Ranger X

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Ranger Sport 4x4
Just to point you in the POSSIBLE right direction, I have noted on this forum that some have had issues with the (Fresh Air Recirculation) door- staying open after truck is shut off, allowing mice to enter the glovebox- I questioned this operation and plan on digging into what that door does after power is removed. (Truck Off) Luckily, it's parked in a garage - so not much of an issue for me.

Note: This door is located behind glovebox

Pull glovebox out - If I remember correctly - press in on the sides and it comes out easily

Use a garden hose and run the water across the lower windshield

Select the Recirculation (ON) this Closes the door. --Check for leaks

Then select the Recirculation (Off) - this Opens the door- Check for leaks

I believe this is your rainwater point of entry, now I think it should drain out of the (AC) condensate drain in the engine compartment- That drain (MAY) be plugged or you have a gasket/seal in that door inlet that is not sealing correctly or missing - I'm leaning towards the seal, as it is a 22, I would find it hard to believe that a 22 would have a clogged drain (this soon) but it's still a possibility

Here is a image:
#5 - Inlet Door Actuator (The actual door is to the left) - Note the open (screen)
#6 - Cabin Air Filter - Possibly soaked (wet) IDK - needs checked
#7 - Blower Motor, I would think that the rainwater is puddling in this and dripping down to the floor around the case seal

This is located right behind glovebox and above passenger feet

Fresh Air Door.png

See Link Below- It shows Pics of Air Inlet (Recirculation) Door - As Viewed from inside, you see daylight

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/my-only-complaint.21027/post-457511
This is a perfect example of why I love this forumā€¦.. I hope it never ends!

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
This is a perfect example of why I love this forumā€¦.. I hope it never ends!
Thanks, but after researching a little deeper although it is still a possibility that the leak is coming from the air inlet door, I think it is actually coming from the windshield seals and dripping down into the dash (cab)
Now this possibility is high if mice have built nest in the cowl area, blocking its ability to drain

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
I have a '13 Focus ST. Probably once a year, after a really hard rain I will have some water in the drivers side floor mat. WeatherTech mats so it catches it. Hasn't ever done it while driving. Only when parked in a heavy rain.. and even then only a small percentage of the time. Never have figured out where the hell it comes from. But since it isn't a regular thing I just don't worry about it.

Water leaks are tough to trace. House, car, whatever. Water can be a bitch.

Last edited:

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Yes all fixed up. I left it out overnight in rain and no leaks! Happy camper
Ok awesome. So you had the "windshield recall" performed and it still leaked. What is the fix for this recall? Windshield resealed?

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
22 Ranger Tremor here.

This problem is probably not related to the Tremor version specifically. Four times now I have had water on my floor mats after a rain. It seems be coming in from behind the glovebox. I took it to the dealer and they said it's "probably" from a leak in the windshield, which has been recalled. I got that fixed and it's still leaking. Luckily I have a garage, but this should not be happening on a truck that's only six months old.

The dealership can't figure out what the problem is.

Has anybody else had pools of water on the floor mats in the front?

Time for a lemon law claim? I love the truck and would rather not go that route.

Thanks
So, I owe you an apology.

I came out after this evenings rain storm and there was a puddle on my passengers side floor mat.

And water droplets up under the dash. On the silver box, on the cables and on the metal. The carpet up by the corner was wet to the touch. :-/
PXL_20221214_023451500.jpg
PXL_20221214_023505436.jpg
PXL_20221214_023500924.jpg

'23 xlt tremor.... <7 days into ownership.
Sponsored