Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
22 Ranger Tremor here.

This problem is probably not related to the Tremor version specifically. Four times now I have had water on my floor mats after a rain. It seems be coming in from behind the glovebox. I took it to the dealer and they said it's "probably" from a leak in the windshield, which has been recalled. I got that fixed and it's still leaking. Luckily I have a garage, but this should not be happening on a truck that's only six months old.

The dealership can't figure out what the problem is.

Has anybody else had pools of water on the floor mats in the front?

Time for a lemon law claim? I love the truck and would rather not go that route.

Thanks
Sponsored

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Do you run your ac often?

Is there an issue with you ac drain line?

OP
OP
The Tremor

The Tremor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Do you run your ac often?

Is there an issue with you ac drain line?
I run it in the summer, but not lately, it's not been hot out. The leaks have all happened at night, after a rain. Not sure if it could be the AC drain line, I'll ask the dealership about that. They are stumped.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
22 Ranger Tremor here.

This problem is probably not related to the Tremor version specifically. Four times now I have had water on my floor mats after a rain. It seems be coming in from behind the glovebox. I took it to the dealer and they said it's "probably" from a leak in the windshield, which has been recalled. I got that fixed and it's still leaking. Luckily I have a garage, but this should not be happening on a truck that's only six months old.

The dealership can't figure out what the problem is.

Has anybody else had pools of water on the floor mats in the front?

Time for a lemon law claim? I love the truck and would rather not go that route.

Thanks
Where in CT are you? When I was up there last year I had work done (axle) at Colonial Ford in Danbury. Top notch work. Mines a 2019. Never had a drop of water leak anywhere. I hope you can get it figured out. Tremor is a great truck.

OP
OP
The Tremor

The Tremor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Where in CT are you? When I was up there last year I had work done (axle) at Colonial Ford in Danbury. Top notch work. Mines a 2019. Never had a drop of water leak anywhere. I hope you can get it figured out. Tremor is a great truck.
Hey Thanks.

I'm in Madison. Took it to Hammonassett Ford here in town and they can't figure out what's wrong. Said it was the windshield recall but it's not. (Had the recall done.) Maybe I'll try Ford of Branford next. If they can' maybe Colonial, but that's a haul for me.

On another note I saw another Tremor yesterday! First one I've seen in CT so far (besides mine).

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I run it in the summer, but not lately, it's not been hot out. The leaks have all happened at night, after a rain. Not sure if it could be the AC drain line, I'll ask the dealership about that. They are stumped.
You have noticed them at night, after a rain....

And depending on humidity normally, the water might evaporate quickly enough to not cause an issue, but during a rain event the humidity increases and you notice...

It is an easy thing to check too, go start the truck and turn the ac on blast and look for any water dripping under the truck - might be more challenging in the frozen tundra that is not Florida right now...

And at the same time feel the carpet that runs up by the dash on passengers side.

Again, just an easy thing to tick off the list that you can do on your own.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
For troubleshooting clarity - it is both front floor mats getting soaked? When you say "seems to be coming from behind glovebox" that makes me imagine only the passenger side getting wet. Have you inspected your weather sealing on the front doors?

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Just to point you in the POSSIBLE right direction, I have noted on this forum that some have had issues with the (Fresh Air Recirculation) door- staying open after truck is shut off, allowing mice to enter the glovebox- I questioned this operation and plan on digging into what that door does after power is removed. (Truck Off) Luckily, it's parked in a garage - so not much of an issue for me.

Note: This door is located behind glovebox

Pull glovebox out - If I remember correctly - press in on the sides and it comes out easily

Use a garden hose and run the water across the lower windshield

Select the Recirculation (ON) this Closes the door. --Check for leaks

Then select the Recirculation (Off) - this Opens the door- Check for leaks

I believe this is your rainwater point of entry, now I think it should drain out of the (AC) condensate drain in the engine compartment- That drain (MAY) be plugged or you have a gasket/seal in that door inlet that is not sealing correctly or missing - I'm leaning towards the seal, as it is a 22, I would find it hard to believe that a 22 would have a clogged drain (this soon) but it's still a possibility

Here is a image:
#5 - Inlet Door Actuator (The actual door is to the left) - Note the open (screen)
#6 - Cabin Air Filter - Possibly soaked (wet) IDK - needs checked
#7 - Blower Motor, I would think that the rainwater is puddling in this and dripping down to the floor around the case seal

This is located right behind glovebox and above passenger feet

Fresh Air Door.png

See Link Below- It shows Pics of Air Inlet (Recirculation) Door - As Viewed from inside, you see daylight

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/my-only-complaint.21027/post-457511

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Possible the repaur might have been done wrong? I would check with the dealer. Might even be worth having Ford send an Engineer out to inspect(this was common with Nissan)

OP
OP
The Tremor

The Tremor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
You have noticed them at night, after a rain....

And depending on humidity normally, the water might evaporate quickly enough to not cause an issue, but during a rain event the humidity increases and you notice...

It is an easy thing to check too, go start the truck and turn the ac on blast and look for any water dripping under the truck - might be more challenging in the frozen tundra that is not Florida right now...

And at the same time feel the carpet that runs up by the dash on passengers side.

Again, just an easy thing to tick off the list that you can do on your own.
Thanks, I tried it, no joy.

OP
OP
The Tremor

The Tremor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
For troubleshooting clarity - it is both front floor mats getting soaked? When you say "seems to be coming from behind glovebox" that makes me imagine only the passenger side getting wet. Have you inspected your weather sealing on the front doors?
Thanks. I suspect it did leak once on the driver's side this summer when I was up in Maine fishing. It was after a night of rain. At first I thought the water on the rubber floor mats was from my boots, but I remember thinking "that's a lot of water to be coming off my boots." But I didn't make much of it until the more recent leaks.

OP
OP
The Tremor

The Tremor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Just to point you in the POSSIBLE right direction, I have noted on this forum that some have had issues with the (Fresh Air Recirculation) door- staying open after truck is shut off, allowing mice to enter the glovebox- I questioned this operation and plan on digging into what that door does after power is removed. (Truck Off) Luckily, it's parked in a garage - so not much of an issue for me.

Note: This door is located behind glovebox

Pull glovebox out - If I remember correctly - press in on the sides and it comes out easily

Use a garden hose and run the water across the lower windshield

Select the Recirculation (ON) this Closes the door. --Check for leaks

Then select the Recirculation (Off) - this Opens the door- Check for leaks

I believe this is your rainwater point of entry, now I think it should drain out of the (AC) condensate drain in the engine compartment- That drain (MAY) be plugged or you have a gasket/seal in that door inlet that is not sealing correctly or missing - I'm leaning towards the seal, as it is a 22, I would find it hard to believe that a 22 would have a clogged drain (this soon) but it's still a possibility

Here is a image:
#5 - Inlet Door Actuator (The actual door is to the left) - Note the open (screen)
#6 - Cabin Air Filter - Possibly soaked (wet) IDK - needs checked
#7 - Blower Motor, I would think that the rainwater is puddling in this and dripping down to the floor around the case seal

This is located right behind glovebox and above passenger feet

Fresh Air Door.png

See Link Below- It shows Pics of Air Inlet (Recirculation) Door - As Viewed from inside, you see daylight

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/my-only-complaint.21027/post-457511
Thanks! I'll check that out and get back to you.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Well, curiosity got the best of me - I checked the wiring diagram and also pulled glovebox and cabin filter - The Air Inlet door does indeed open with power off.
If you pull cabin filter out and look up (through) the filter housing, you can see the door cycle open.
So that questions answered, anyways.
It's normal for it to open to vent the Heater Box - (musty smell)

I went a little further and pulled the plastic cowl loose (engine compartment) under the wiper blades and looked at the trough to see were the water routes too - it dumps to both sides and water flows down at the ends of it, its ending drain point is right behind the front tires - so any water that gets into the (vented portion of the cowl) ends up behind the tires.
I poured water down in it - just to check

Now directly behind this trough, as seen in the mice (mod) pics, there is another area (trough) that should drain to the (AC) Condensate drain - I can't see any rainwater getting in there as it sits back further - unless it's coming from the bottom windshield seal and dropping down in that trough. I did not pour water in there for this check.

The only other area to check would be the passenger door seals, leaking and dumping it on the floorboard

Being it leaks with rainwater; it should be somewhat easy to find - with a water hose

Just an update-for curiosity

OP
OP
The Tremor

The Tremor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Well, curiosity got the best of me - I checked the wiring diagram and also pulled glovebox and cabin filter - The Air Inlet door does indeed open with power off.
If you pull cabin filter out and look up (through) the filter housing, you can see the door cycle open.
So that questions answered, anyways.
It's normal for it to open to vent the Heater Box - (musty smell)

I went a little further and pulled the plastic cowl loose (engine compartment) under the wiper blades and looked at the trough to see were the water routes too - it dumps to both sides and water flows down at the ends of it, its ending drain point is right behind the front tires - so any water that gets into the (vented portion of the cowl) ends up behind the tires.
I poured water down in it - just to check

Now directly behind this trough, as seen in the mice (mod) pics, there is another area (trough) that should drain to the (AC) Condensate drain - I can't see any rainwater getting in there as it sits back further - unless it's coming from the bottom windshield seal and dropping down in that trough. I did not pour water in there for this check.

The only other area to check would be the passenger door seals, leaking and dumping it on the floorboard

Being it leaks with rainwater; it should be somewhat easy to find - with a water hose

Just an update-for curiosity
Thanks Airline Tech!! Looks like you tried a lot harder than my mechanic!! Sounds like you are a lot smarter too! I've checked the door seals - they look fine to me. I'm going to take it to a different Ford place next week to see what they think.
Sponsored