First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
Work
So I noticed a seep where the transmission and engine connect. I cleaned it up got under there with a white napkin and wiped a red liquid off after taking it for a drive. I brought it to the dealership and explained what I did and after they looked at it they told me they didn't see a leak. I'm just wondering if the dealership is trying to fuck me over or is this not look like it a issue on a truck with 37,000 miles.

20220122_104630.jpg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I noticed a seep where the transmission and engine connect. I cleaned it up got under there with a white napkin and wiped a red liquid off after taking it for a drive. I brought it to the dealership and explained what I did and after they looked at it they told me they didn't see a leak. I'm just wondering if the dealership is trying to fuck me over or is this not look like it a issue on a truck with 37,000 miles.

20220122_104630.jpg
Hi Josh,

It was a mistake to clean it up and not surprising the dealer said no leak...Also, if it was a bad leak, the fluid would appear again on the drive to the dealer, so must be a very slow weep. Drive it and keep an eye on that area and when the fluid reappears, take it to the dealer untouched for them to investigate. I do not know if the dealer is reliable or not but do understand their response to a cleaned up area with no sign of a leak. I hope the weep does not recur.

Best,
Phil

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab

20220122_104630.jpg
I was once told by a dealer that if it wasnt hitting the floor its not considered a leak. This was when the valve covers on my 2000 Ranger were seeping oil onto the exhaust manifolds…..
So just let it build up for a few days so its nice and oily for them!
Sponsored