Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Hi,
When it rains, several dash features malfunction intermittently. The driver assist features and airbag warning light will flash on and off. Also the blinker will ‘rapid’ blink, the dash radio and climate controls will function on and off. The same with the controls on the screen. They will flash.

I’m afraid one day the car will just die. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of electrical issue?

Thanks,

Mark
Sponsored

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,
When it rains, several dash features malfunction intermittently. The driver assist features and airbag warning light will flash on and off. Also the blinker will ‘rapid’ blink, the dash radio and climate controls will function on and off. The same with the controls on the screen. They will flash.

I’m afraid one day the car will just die. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of electrical issue?

Thanks,

Mark
Sounds like a warranty issue. Have you taken your truck into the dealer?

Frank

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi,

Thanks,

Mark
Have you checked the fuse box inside the engine compartment? Sounds like it could be getting moisture in there if it's not closed all the way?

https://imgvehicle.com/ford/ranger-iv-2019/fuse-box

https://car-fuse.blogspot.com/2020/05/2019-ford-ranger-fuses.html

1674595215613.png

OP
OP

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I had the truck back for 60k service. Of course it was dry weather. There were no codes in the computer. They offered to run the car through the car wash to see if that would trigger the fault but I passed on that.
I looked in the fuse box under the hood which is just in front of the driver, it had been raining the last few days but everything looked dry this morning.
I think I may turn a hose on it when we get some warm weather to see if that might set off the issues.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I had the truck back for 60k service. Of course it was dry weather. There were no codes in the computer. They offered to run the car through the car wash to see if that would trigger the fault but I passed on that.
I looked in the fuse box under the hood which is just in front of the driver, it had been raining the last few days but everything looked dry this morning.
I think I may turn a hose on it when we get some warm weather to see if that might set off the issues.
Why did you decline the car wash idea?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Why did you decline the car wash idea?
I think he might be out of warranty and that would have been the most expensive automated car wash on record. :D

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I had the "rapid blink" for the left blinker in my old Escape once, but that was because the tail light on that side had burned out; once I replaced it, the blink went back to normal. Given the quantity of issues you're having, I'd agree with @AzScorpion on the fuse box, or you've got some loose/exposed wiring somewhere along the line.

erty176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Designer
I got moisture in my gauge cluster from camping in the rain, got it replaced under warranty and got my doorbell chime back in the process(something I didn’t even realize I was missing) as well as a higher pitched tone for my parking sensors. Could be something there as well.

OP
OP

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I declined the car wash test because it was late and I needed the truck back.

Theres got to be a common spot where all those affected functions meet.

The driver assist functions started flashing just from the car sitting in the rain. The other malfunctions, like the air bag light and the in dash radio/climate lights acted up after driving a bit.

?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mark,

Any chance it is a low battery?

Best,
Phil

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Mark,

Any chance it is a low battery?

Best,
Phil
It's not doing it all the time only when it rains. A low battery would be doing it consistently whether it's dry or raining out.

When it rains, several dash features malfunction intermittently. The driver assist features and airbag warning light will flash on and off.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's not doing it all the time only when it rains. A low battery would be doing it consistently whether it's dry or raining out.
Hi Dave,

Good point...!

best,
Phil
Sponsored