Dashboard Leak Anybody?

shawndo919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Sport FX4
@shawndo919 did they let you know where the leak was coming from by chance? I just dropped it off at the dealer. I’m located in the inland empire area.
When I dropped it off, I mentioned I thought it was the windshield recall that many trucks and broncos were experiencing and my service tech seemed to agree it was likely. That was confirmed quickly as I got the call that they were sending my truck to a local body shop to replace windshield pillars and mouldings.
Sponsored

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ford ranger STX crewcab
Occupation
Tech
I have a 2019 sxt leaking rain water inside the passenger side. Had the windshield reinstalled and still getting water in. Any help from anyone who has had a similar problem corrected would be greatly appreciated .

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I have a 2019 sxt leaking rain water inside the passenger side. Had the windshield reinstalled and still getting water in. Any help from anyone who has had a similar problem corrected would be greatly appreciated .
There appears to be an issue with this, and it may just be an improper prep or install, but before replacing windshield again do a deeper check at the passenger door seals and also check for blockage on the condensate drain for the EVAP,
The proper way to find this leak would be to perform a pressure test (smoke) of the cabin.
The problem area appears to be the lower and or right window channel and adhesive sealant, water drips down past the sealant and enters the cab just above the glovebox (Most Common-Entry Point)
With ending drip points being off of the Blower Motor and /or TRM - TCU, down to the floorboard.
I am not sure exactly why this is a reoccurring issue for all years of the Ranger, something is amiss in the design of the framework for the channel, or the sealant is breaking down and losing its flexibility.

For Rework issues, it's all about the Prep and Procedure on the install. (Proper Glass Placement and Sealant Thickness) and the final prep is having doors and or windows open during install, so pressure change in the cab as the doors close does not pressure push the sealant out of the channel, until cure time has been established, this includes driving the truck.
Something is being short cutted in this process and I think speed is the driving factor here over quality.

I have never seen so many issues with leaks unless owner created/induced. I have never had a windshield replaced due to leak on any vehicle I have owned. Cracks, Chips Etc Only
Door Seals and Door Glass Runs, however, are a wear item and are expected to wear out over time.

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech
There appears to be an issue with this, and it may just be an improper prep or install, but before replacing windshield again do a deeper check at the passenger door seals and also check for blockage on the condensate drain for the EVAP,
The proper way to find this leak would be to perform a pressure test (smoke) of the cabin.
The problem area appears to be the lower and or right window channel and adhesive sealant, water drips down past the sealant and enters the cab just above the glovebox (Most Common-Entry Point)
With ending drip points being off of the Blower Motor and /or TRM - TCU, down to the floorboard.
I am not sure exactly why this is a reoccurring issue for all years of the Ranger, something is amiss in the design of the framework for the channel, or the sealant is breaking down and losing its flexibility.

For Rework issues, it's all about the Prep and Procedure on the install. (Proper Glass Placement and Sealant Thickness) and the final prep is having doors and or windows open during install, so pressure change in the cab as the doors close does not pressure push the sealant out of the channel, until cure time has been established, this includes driving the truck.
Something is being short cutted in this process and I think speed is the driving factor here over quality.

I have never seen so many issues with leaks unless owner created/induced. I have never had a windshield replaced due to leak on any vehicle I have owned. Cracks, Chips Etc Only
Door Seals and Door Glass Runs, however, are a wear item and are expected to wear out over time.
Thanks for your input.

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech

Quick update: I took the info you provided and took it upon myself to go in and disconnect the recirc damper on the closed position and waited for rain. Guess what? No more water inside the damn cab!!! Thanks for your help, now to figure out how to solve the issue without leaving this unplugged.😁

BLPilot

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Software Engineer
My ranger just started leaking after a big storm. I found a dried up trail where the water was running but cant tell if its from the door or the windshield.
IMG_6652.jpeg
IMG_6651.jpeg
Sponsored