Sponsored

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I, for one, am not willing to die for any of you kids. I did my time as a Vietnam Veteran (USN so it's not like I was really in Vietnam). Life is hard, pull your big boy panties on and get with the program.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
So, pro-life only goes so far I see. My 80 year old father and 89 year old father-in-law who are both vets would put a cap in anyones ass that would say that to their face! True patriotism is when we all sacrifice for the common good of the country. Your views are those of communist russia, and have no place in America. No ones life is worth any less than your neighbors, no matter age, creed, race etc. We all have the same rights under our Constitution. There are plenty of countries in this world that have similar views on undesirable segments of society, and NONE are Democracy's!
Better yet, lets follow your ideal and replace the old that die with a new young populous. Would you be willing to lend out your daughter or sister to virile young men just to keep the future economy fruitful? It would be for the greater good after all......
I think Spock said it better.
40216721b10caf478e9dc11656f5b4c5.jpg

It's like you just heard me say "Oh, it's ok to just let old people die!" No, it's not. But with what's going on, no matter what we do, people are going to suffer and die. You didn't really get the discussion and points a few of us were going for and instead just chose to become enraged, like many other people who heard Dan Patrick's little on air speech. He was right but people just don't get it. We need to get back to work before we destroy things beyond repair. Crime and riots are going to be a bigger problem than 1% of the population dying. You know what happens when unemployment reaches 30 or 40% and stays there for a while? Grandma and grandpa need to start being more concerned about being shot or stabbed. Can you at least understand that point without getting more irrational?

So that's the main point. No need to start calling people communist because you don't understand a concept.

This is worse than the guy who drank aquarium cleaner. People couldn't wait to yell out "Chloroquine doesn't work!" Everyone walks around waiting to find something they can become enraged about. It's tiresome.

OP
OP
Sashimi_Moto

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
Did people run around shooting everyone en masse during the Great Depression?

I wasn't there so I don’t know. During the 2008 crash it was surmised that we had up to 20% unemployment when we accounted for unreported folks. I didn’t have to defend my porch with a small artillery during that time. Crime goes up, sure but during the Great Depression I think breadlines were more commonplace than was MadMax Thunderdome... but I could be wrong - I wasn’t there.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
I think Spock said it better.
40216721b10caf478e9dc11656f5b4c5.jpg

It's like you just heard me say "Oh, it's ok to just let old people die!" No, it's not. But with what's going on, no matter what we do, people are going to suffer and die. You didn't really get the discussion and points a few of us were going for and instead just chose to become enraged, like many other people who heard Dan Patrick's little on air speech. He was right but people just don't get it. We need to get back to work before we destroy things beyond repair. Crime and riots are going to be a bigger problem than 1% of the population dying. You know what happens when unemployment reaches 30 or 40% and stays there for a while? Grandma and grandpa need to start being more concerned about being shot or stabbed. Can you at least understand that point without getting more irrational?

So that's the main point. No need to start calling people communist because you don't understand a concept.

This is worse than the guy who drank aquarium cleaner. People couldn't wait to yell out "Chloroquine doesn't work!" Everyone walks around waiting to find something they can become enraged about. It's tiresome.
What really upsets me is the fact that all I hear is how its so important to put money over peoples lives. Businesses can be replaced, economy's can be repaired, a dead person cannot be replaced! Understand one thing, over 600 people PER DAY are dying in italy and spain, because they waited too long to shut it down, this is FACT. Our hospitals are already getting overrun, and we have only just begun. 1 person can infect over 500, thats how contagious this virus is. Its not like the flu or a mild cold, and if we don't grin and bear it, and just shut it all down there wont be anyone able to work because well.......just look at italy, spain, china, eastern europe. We are the richest country in the world, we print our own money and can take care of our citizens, if we want to. So this worry all of a sudden about suicide due to being poor. Where was all of this worry in 2008 when people were made poor and lost their jobs at a rate of over 1 million jobs per month? We were told, find your bootstraps, we have a pay or die healthcare system in this country that bankrupts people daily, where are the worries about people taking the pipe for that? But hey, goto work and breathe deep, because once your realize business needs us more than we need them the better off you'll be.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED

I wasn't there so I don’t know. During the 2008 crash it was surmised that we had up to 20% unemployment when we accounted for unreported folks. I didn’t have to defend my porch with a small artillery during that time. Crime goes up, sure but during the Great Depression I think breadlines were more commonplace than was MadMax Thunderdome... but I could be wrong - I wasn’t there.
3.28 million this week

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer

My grandparents lived through that. When they were alive we got some great stories about it. Living off of bacon grease sandwiches and such. But that was just a depression. I think what people are worried about here is more along the lines of a collapse that we can't recover properly from. It would make 2008 seem like a minor bump in the road.

20% unemployment is a lot different from the entire country having a shelter in place order. It's basically a forced unemployment rate of about 50% and it's obviously unsustainable. Hold this for too long and we are in more trouble than this virus by itself. About all we can hope for is the back to work order. Maybe in a year this will all pass, and prosperity will return and we can get back to having fun with our trucks.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
Wife and I took a walk around the neighborhood last evening--Was beautiful out, red sky sunset on the horizon,:sun: with children, and families outside playing/enjoying the evening. Drivers have slowed down, school kids/teenagers, out playing basketball on the street, barbeque smells wafting about on the breeze, and everyone, making/doing their best of a tough situation.

I have to say, that the one great thing to come of this, is many of us, suddenly have time, for our families/children/each other.

Make the most of it!!!!:like:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
If I'm going to be stuck inside all weekend I thought I might as well be prepared. ?

Corona.jpg
Can't help but noticing all those bottles in the background...where you at? I wouldn't mind being stuck there either! :champagne::beer::champagne::beer::champagne::beer:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.