Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
IMPRESSIVE!!!!!

Think I'll dip my riding mower...........I ride that more than I drive the truck LOL
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
IMPRESSIVE!!!!!

Think I'll dip my riding mower...........I ride that more than I drive the truck LOL
Hi Tom,

Do not forget to remove the beer holder from the mower....do not what to plasidip it eh? Beer won't fit then... :)

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
IMPRESSIVE!!!!!

Gonna be one cold ass ride on that mower up there, why not plasti dip yourself with a topcoat for an added layer of insulation....... Bawaaaaa..... :giggle: :bandit:?

OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fair shout.. not criticising .. just see a lot of these wheearches and they always look unfinished without the bumper extension
I actually agree, I thought the same thing when these were first released. Then I saw the extensions when airdesigns released them last year, I like those.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna be one cold ass ride on that mower up there, why not plasti dip yourself with a topcoat for an added layer of insulation....... Bawaaaaa..... :giggle: :bandit:?
Nah Its South Carolina. No need for heavy clothing.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Most of you have already seen these images of my Summer adventure on other post. This is the reason to plasti dip. I try not to venture that far off the trail in the summer months. This go round I had my adult kids in their 4x4's saying, c'mon ole man lets go. Mistake, lol. I got lucky just a few minor scratches in the clear coat that buffed out.

20200829_153429.jpg

20200919_221118.jpg

Resized_20200919_144909.jpeg
Did anybody say that this would make a good Built FORD Tough poster. :clap: :thumbsup:

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Occupation
Doofus
Finally got around to doing a full plasti dip of the entire truck, finished this evening. Took four gallons of dip. A full day spent on just prep work and masking. Nearly a full day of shooting the dip on. Used a harbor freight electric sprayer with decent results. No need for an expensive sprayer. $20 bucks spent on the sprayer, well worth it.

Wanted a full dip to help reduce scratches while off road for the up comming hunting season here in Northwest Florida. Tons of off road trails with tight spots with alot of brush contact. Have used dip for years on my old Tacoma with good results protecting the paint from scratches. Still have a few touch up spots, but overall not so bad.

20191111_200742.jpg

20191111_200751.jpg

20191111_205918.jpg
Luv it

OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What color you going with this winter @Stangman570 ?
I was thinking of the desert tan this go round. However, I couldn't find a total of 4 gallons on Amazon at the time. I think the tan would do a tad better with all the red clay in the area. The clay often stains the camo green, so it takes a little more effort to clean it off. So it will be green again. I'm shooting the truck again this weekend or the next for sure. Might try Dip Coat to help seal it in better. I've tried the dip clear in the past on my stang's but it's a nightmare when it comes time to peel it off. Instead of pealing in large sections it comes off in smaller chips.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I like the green, was more curious than anything.

Might have so this to one of my rides one day.

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT , 2001 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Engineer, Student
You did a great job, looks great and I had no idea it peeled off that easy as well.

I'm up in nw Florida as well with a blue screw we picked up last month and you are tempting me lol. Not that we do any offroading really in our fx2, seems like no one had an fx4 or even a 4x4 besides a tremor around here these days for sale.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
You got me interested too. Already had to touch up quite a few scratches cause of branches.

The kit recommends half primer and half paint (2 Avalanche Grey gallons, 2 Camo Green gallons). Did you ever do it this way? Still recommend just going straight paint?

OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You got me interested too. Already had to touch up quite a few scratches cause of branches.

The kit recommends half primer and half paint (2 Avalanche Grey gallons, 2 Camo Green gallons). Did you ever do it this way? Still recommend just going straight paint?
If your going to use it long term then I would recommend the primer levels of dip. However, for me the dip coat is a temp level for several months and then I peel it for the spring and summer use. The first year I used one gallon of black as a base just for a simple tack level followed by the 3 gallons of camo green. Last October I just shot the 4 gallons of green and I couldn't tell the difference. This weekend I'm just gonna shoot it with the camo green. Most important of all.... Make sure you have enough layers to peel. Trust me it will save you time when you go to remove it. All dip can be removed even if it's a thin layer or over spray. It just takes longer and a lot of elbow grease to get it off. Mask and tape off all area's that you don't want to spend time rubbing overspray off. It takes about a full day just to mask and tape all the area's. Also always pull the tape off when the final base layer is wet, not dry. If you wait until it dry's your gonna cry because it will peel that area and you'll have to finish the peel process for that entire section and start over.

I know what your talking about touch up paint. Took mine off road a little bit this summer and kept it off the smaller pig trail roads and I still picked up some pin stripes. The paint ford puts on these is Extremely thin and takes nothing to get beyond the paint/primer to the base metal.
Sponsored

Last edited: