Full plasti-dip black out finally complete!!!

OP
OP
VolRanger24

VolRanger24

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at those houses, looks like maybe somewhere in the Livermore area?
Not really sure why this has turned into attempts to locate where I live but no its not Livermore.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
That’s looking good! I never liked any of the 18” wheel options but they look great on black! All you need is some smoked marker lights, they look extra bright against all the black.
Smoked my side makers using window tint film that I had laying around since my window tinting days. It dulls the amber down to blend into the magnetic, but doesn't reduce the visibility much when in use. Used the 70% tint. I like it. I have had it through touchless car wash a couple of times and it hasn't budged.
0927191627.jpg

DangerRanger175

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple of Fords
@VolRanger24 Looks good brother. Don't let the naysayers hold you back.

I have a '13 raptor I bought new, that I too plastidipped the stock wheels on when I first got it. I did so to see if I would like the black on black look thinking it would be temporary. I also did the stock bumpers, fender flares, and skid plate. I have since changed the front bumper and wheels but both lasted through several off-road trips. My fender flares and rear bumper are still intact after a few years and thousands of miles off road. Rocks, narrow pin-stripping brush trails and every combination in between has been no issue. The rear fender flares where the road debris kicks up from the tires has started to lift. But as you know it's too easy to peel and reapply.

I too used no UV or clear protection and have seen no fading or brown discoloration. Pressure wash the shit out of it too with no issue. Keep keeping on with it. Looks good.

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
I live in Northern Cali and its far from “very dry”. If your having issues with being able to adequately wash it then your applying incorrectly. I have power washed several times and seen no indication of deterioration or peeling. Further you can buy a very cheap post wash spray that you apply in about 30 second that further adds in maintaining the look and feel of the dip for a very long time.
Will have to take your word for it. All my friends who dipped their car up here had problems over the dip's (reduced) lifetime. The installer was a guy who vinyl wraps and dips cars as his primary source of income, so maybe he was drastically worse than you? I dunno. Can't (and don't care to) compare your skill side by side.

And I grew up doing boutique auto detailing, so I have zero experience keeping temporary industrialized coatings clean.

But am glad it provides a serviceable product for you and you're happy.

OP
OP
VolRanger24

VolRanger24

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
@VolRanger24 Looks good brother. Don't let the naysayers hold you back.

I have a '13 raptor I bought new, that I too plastidipped the stock wheels on when I first got it. I did so to see if I would like the black on black look thinking it would be temporary. I also did the stock bumpers, fender flares, and skid plate. I have since changed the front bumper and wheels but both lasted through several off-road trips. My fender flares and rear bumper are still intact after a few years and thousands of miles off road. Rocks, narrow pin-stripping brush trails and every combination in between has been no issue. The rear fender flares where the road debris kicks up from the tires has started to lift. But as you know it's too easy to peel and reapply.

I too used no UV or clear protection and have seen no fading or brown discoloration. Pressure wash the shit out of it too with no issue. Keep keeping on with it. Looks good.
Thanks Danger! I am a huge fan of this stuff and I get it that its not as rugged as other options or as “clean” as a painted option but for a DIY route that allows you to change the look of your truck without spending $$$ its fantastic and way more durable than expected if you apply it the proper way.

Front bumper will eventually get swapped out but when the bank account allows haha

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I never had much luck dipping anything. It would last fine for the summer but as soon as I had my vehicles rustproofed before winter it just makes the Plastidip wrinkle and peel off.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Haha yea I think Pruitt is the right guy, just takes time to un-F the Dooley-Butch years...

Thanks for compliments on truck, I hear ya on the shade of Orange. I will be honest I am not 100% thrilled with the shade I have on it but with the aerosol plasti dip there are only so many options (I went with the go mango). You may be better off with one of their blue options to get to FL colors... I tried just normal spray paint over black plasti dip which give way more color options and it was a disaster so would not recommend haha
I think your Ranger looks great! Love the orange!:like:

OP
OP
VolRanger24

VolRanger24

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Why wouldnt they?
there appears to be alot of nice things in your garage....
Haha if a washer and dryer and ryobi/craftsman tools are “a lot of nice things” than your garage must be a very sad place... would imagine many on here have garages with much nicer things.

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, I was actually going to buy some matte black 17’s and go that route but decided to spend that money on the exhaust so wanted something to make me hate the rims less and I actually love them now! The rears are already blacked out (picture is before rims were dipped) and agree markers need to go the same path.

D8947A45-12EE-44BB-9D56-ADC577738B69.jpeg
Are your rear taillight lens aftermarket? If not, how did you get that look. I like it

OP
OP
VolRanger24

VolRanger24

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Are your rear taillight lens aftermarket? If not, how did you get that look. I like it
Nope they are stock lights. I used VHT lens tint spray. 3 light coats and that’s how they came out. Pretty easy and finish is very smooth.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nope they are stock lights. I used VHT lens tint spray. 3 light coats and that’s how they came out. Pretty easy and finish is very smooth.
What happens if you need to remove the spray?

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Not my style but i respect the work you put in to do that. I have plasti dipped many wheels and a few parts on previous cars and love the stuff. More durable than most people think. By the way why are you so weird about people knowing what town your in? I’m up in Redding and would love to meet other Ranger enthusiasts! But most “NorCal” folks are in the Bay Area on forums..
Sponsored