Completed Full Camo Green Plasti Dip

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Finally got around to doing a full plasti dip of the entire truck, finished this evening. Took four gallons of dip. A full day spent on just prep work and masking. Nearly a full day of shooting the dip on. Used a harbor freight electric sprayer with decent results. No need for an expensive sprayer. $20 bucks spent on the sprayer, well worth it.

Wanted a full dip to help reduce scratches while off road for the up comming hunting season here in Northwest Florida. Tons of off road trails with tight spots with alot of brush contact. Have used dip for years on my old Tacoma with good results protecting the paint from scratches. Still have a few touch up spots, but overall not so bad.

20191111_200742.jpg

20191111_200751.jpg

20191111_205918.jpg
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Interesting.

So under that flat green... is your blue Ranger?

You say "protecting the paint from scratches". Did you ever remove all the plastic dip from your old Tacoma or just keep adding more Plastidip and touching it up?

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Man, I’m surprised it looks as good as it does; I fairly, I suppose, Plastidip gets a bad wrap... :LOL:

I would have left the black on the mirrors, but otherwise I really like it; great color choice!

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Even after reading why/how you did this, my thought was "Why on Earth would someone do this to a new truck?" Then I scrolled down and it was like eating crow. I was surprised at how much I like the look. You, sir, are a master.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
What about the bumpers and bash plate? Are they chopped liver? :(

OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, I’m surprised it looks as good as it does; I fairly, I suppose, Plastidip gets a bad wrap... :LOL:

I would have left the black on the mirrors, but otherwise I really like it; great color choice!
Yup, I agree. I still have to complete the bumpers in black and will more than likely shoot the bushwackers and mirrors in black as well. although I do like the total green. Just ran out of daylight to finish the rest and now it's too cold this week to finish the rest.

OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even after reading why/how you did this, my thought was "Why on Earth would someone do this to a new truck?" Then I scrolled down and it was like eating crow. I was surprised at how much I like the look. You, sir, are a master.
Bawaaaa, It kinda sneeks up on you doesn't it? Trust me I have only had this on for the day and I have a lot of local peeps pawing all over it trying to figure out what vehicle it is. I've used plasti dip for years and even when I lived up in Albany NY. Really helps protect the paint surfaces on those nasty winter roads. When your done.... Peel it off, has no effect on the clear coat. Some areas will need some attention and effort to remove but well worth it.

OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting.

So under that flat green... is your blue Ranger?

You say "protecting the paint from scratches". Did you ever remove all the plastic dip from your old Tacoma or just keep adding more Plastidip and touching it up?
Yes, it's blue underneath. Same truck in my profile pic. Yes I removed the plasti dip from my old tacoma after each hunting season with no issues and no scratching of the clear coat. The dip will get impact marks and slight peels under hard brush contact. Real easy to touch up. Appling touch up will reactive the dip already applied and seals up. You just reshoot the panel that has the blemish and Presto, back in business. Entire truck cost me $230 in dip and a $20 harbor freight electric spray gun. Certainly cheaper than $1500 to clear wrap the truck in Expel. Me likes saving money for other mods. Truly plasti dip is not everyone's cup of tea, but if you didn't purchase a mall crawler and use it off road then this stuff is a life saver.