First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Yes I do. I installed the intake and the AFE charge pipes at the same time.
Was there a noticeable difference? Some have had issues with the clamps on the AFE pipes being very tight.
Brian
Sponsored

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Was there a noticeable difference? Some have had issues with the clamps on the AFE pipes being very tight.
Brian
They are very tight on the driver side (cold hose). I used the stock clamps with no issues.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
They are very tight on the driver side (cold hose). I used the stock clamps with no issues.
Thank you. How happy are you with the performance change?
Brian

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. How happy are you with the performance change?
Brian
Very happy. These won’t set your hair on fire or anything but it’s a big time driveability upgrade. They enhance the turbo’s performance by almost every measure, and will support any further upgrades you have or do, especially and upgrades Intercooler down the line.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I committed $65 pre-ordering the aFe intake snorkle with a future eye 'maybe' on whatever Velossatech brings out.

After skimming their site, I suspect their ram scoop will be above $100.

That's going to be a tough $ justification unless they can demonstrate some tangible benefits. I'd be looking for cooler intake charge, maybe some highway MPG gains.

The styling aspect isn't as important. To me.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
He has asked me not to share any pic's of it yet. Should have the finished product on it within the next Two weeks.
Sorry to hear you blew your motor. Hope you come back more powerful!

I know I sound like a Velossatech skeptic, but...

I updated my signature. I am told I have the only running Ranger with the Velossatech Ram Air. Good conversation with the owner, my obligation is to report back on my experiences... which will be anecdotal at best. Don't ask for pictures, it's best I protect their IP on this. I'll be driving the same routes, same traffic, same driving style (about 80% 'highway speeds') and same 93 Octane gas with all the other mods. I wish I had some way to log relevant data before and after.

I don't intend to make any other mechanical or software changes until late September.

I reset the onboard mileage meter after the install and I'll be hand calculating MPG for now as well. Here's the picture before I did.
IMG_20200828_104140999.jpg

Last edited:

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Nothing here since August and I can't find anything about this in the Forum. On one of the Ranger Facebook pages someone posted this K/N CAI, it is sold out however. Wondering about how the computer adapts when you add it after the tune. I have the Ford tune and a Borla/Ford catback. https://www.knfilters.com/63-2612-performance-air-intake-system

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
Nothing here since August and I can't find anything about this in the Forum. On one of the Ranger Facebook pages someone posted this K/N CAI, it is sold out however. Wondering about how the computer adapts when you add it after the tune. I have the Ford tune and a Borla/Ford catback. https://www.knfilters.com/63-2612-performance-air-intake-system
I don't think it is actually sold out. Probably just not quite done with production yet or they are waiting to build up stock before it actually goes on sale. I get a discount on K&N through work so I may have to check this out. Looks like they have their own snorkel too so unfortunately my afe snorkel I got for Christmas would have to come off.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Just ordered the new Airaid intake yesterday and it should be in tomorrow. I'll let you now how it goes and I'll post some videos.

AIR-404-362.jpg

AIR-404-362_Eng2.jpg

20210125_102552.jpg
This is the design I like the best out of everything I've seen so far. I'm waiting for a contact to let me know if they can hook me up with this one.

RangerFitz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx2
Occupation
Danger
This is the design I like the best out of everything I've seen so far. I'm waiting for a contact to let me know if they can hook me up with this one.
I liked the design the best too and the price is great at 299.

Wow that came quick!!! 1.5 days to get to my door.

20210126_133237.jpg

20210126_133739.jpg

Last edited:

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
I agree this is the best design in my opinion too. Like how the elbow from filter to the lower part of the factory intake tract is shortened and how it has a huge velocity stack built in too. Excited to see how the install goes!
Sponsored

Last edited: