StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Look at what popped up on the aFe website not long ago, an upgraded intake scoop.

Only available for preorder now, shipping in October. Great price point at $55 tho, definitely going to get one in red when they come out. Says it will work with aFe's Quantum CAI or the stock air box.

Link

1595964334119.png

1595964384385.png
Sponsored

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Ordered one. I am also looking at adding another inlet with piping similar to what I have done before. If I have room that is. Once I get it done, I'll do a write up. I'd love the sound of an open filter CAI, but with the 10 speed auto I'm thinking that it may be super annoying and not worth any gains (if any). The stock box is fine with an upgraded filter. Just needs a little more access to air if possible. The closed intakes for these trucks are way too expensive for the gains they may or may not offer. Remember, they have upgraded filters. Need to see a good comparison, from a non-vendor, of all the options including stock with a drop in upgrade.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
This has 'cool' factor. And while it may not offer any measurable benefits... I'm going to get one too.

Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Look at what popped up on the aFe website not long ago, an upgraded intake scoop.

Only available for preorder now, shipping in October. Great price point at $55 tho, definitely going to get one in red when they come out. Says it will work with aFe's Quantum CAI or the stock air box.

Link

1595964334119.png

1595964384385.png
$52.00 at Stage3Motor Sports

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Since it fits the same as the stock one it's the same bottleneck at the box. Since the air comes from the same place stock takes on air the larger opening there won't much of a difference.. until Velossatech comes out with theirs, which will feed from the grille area, this isn't worth any gains.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Since it fits the same as the stock one it's the same bottleneck at the box. Since the air comes from the same place stock takes on air the larger opening there won't much of a difference.. until Velossatech comes out with theirs, which will feed from the grille area, this isn't worth any gains.
Yeah, between this and the future Velossatech ramair stylee scoop, it may be the most worthless $100+ I'll spend on the truck as far as performance.

But dammit, I'll do it.

OP
OP
StezenW

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious to see this Velossatech product when it comes out, I know another member said he had a prototype already so it shouldn't be much longer hopefully. As I peer into the engine bay, I don't really see how any product can feed directly from the grill with the charge pipes and such already occupying much of that real-estate... Maybe you're seeing something I am not RC, you're definitely one of the most mechanically inclined Ranger enthusiasts on the forum.

Last edited:

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat

Link

1595964334119.png
It's red.

Easily worth 20 HP.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
It's red.

Easily worth 20 HP.
Only if it comes with a sticker?

Although honestly, the only improvement ahead of that stock inlet might have been some type of plenum chamber design behind the bigger scoop.

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This has 'cool' factor. And while it may not offer any measurable benefits... I'm going to get one too.
Hi John,

Hey...they can send me one and say tested by a Ford Engineer. ?

A bit of a back story. I was on a flight back from our Arizona Proving Grounds and there was a news paper in the seat pocket left behind from another passenger. In the middle section was a full page ad for a REVOLUTIONARY FUEL ECONOMY IMPROVEMENT Device. It was cutting edge technology called Gas Wiz. I was amused and took the paper back to Dearborn. I showed it to my boss and he said to order two for testing. These were little propellers mounted under the carburetor. So we tested them and these things did diddle squat but they had a downside...Carburetor Icing...A dreaded phenomenon that we strove to eliminate on all Ford products. So I called Gas Wiz to inofrm they failed, but they did not care. Guess what their ads then said Tested By Ford. ?????? They failed miserable, but guess what...they were Tested By Ford. Lesson Learned. Whole thing was a pyramid scam to sell distributorships...not Gas Wiz. Sheesh!

These Forums are causing my long term memory to recount experiences I had thought were long forgotten!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I am curious to see this Velossatech product when it comes out, I know another member said he had a prototype already so it shouldn't be much longer hopefully. As I peer into the engine bay, I don't really see how any product can feed directly from the grill with the charge pipes and such already occupying much of that real-estate... Maybe you're seeing something I am not RC, you're definitely one of the most mechanically inclined Ranger enthusiasts on the forum.
Look at my build thread and look at the scoop I made. Probably something similar except the "tubing" will be continuous to either the stock scoop or down to the box.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Hey...they can send me one and say tested by a Ford Engineer. ?
These Forums are causing my long term memory to recount experiences I had thought were long forgotten!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Yep. I'm thinking it's a $65 'sticker' to advertise to the world I/we have the fastest Rangers around. ?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
the aFe is supposed to ship this month, looking for some type of alert any day now?

Engmus

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
I reached out to stage3 on this who I purchased from, who in turn reached out to AFE.

They indicated to Stage3 they hope to have it done by the end of this morning shipping next month. That's what I was able to gather. Hopefully sooner. Idk how it's taken this long given its printed plastic. XD
Sponsored