Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
On SALE now $42.74
EDIT - for a black one, colors are $47.49
That may be fair value for this to my mind. (I pre-ordered, therefore overpaid)

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
On SALE now $42.74
EDIT - for a black one, colors are $47.49
This is on AFE's website. They want $10 S/H so that puts the price at $57.49 for the red one.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Hi John,

Hey...they can send me one and say tested by a Ford Engineer. ?

A bit of a back story. I was on a flight back from our Arizona Proving Grounds and there was a news paper in the seat pocket left behind from another passenger. In the middle section was a full page ad for a REVOLUTIONARY FUEL ECONOMY IMPROVEMENT Device. It was cutting edge technology called Gas Wiz. I was amused and took the paper back to Dearborn. I showed it to my boss and he said to order two for testing. These were little propellers mounted under the carburetor. So we tested them and these things did diddle squat but they had a downside...Carburetor Icing...A dreaded phenomenon that we strove to eliminate on all Ford products. So I called Gas Wiz to inofrm they failed, but they did not care. Guess what their ads then said Tested By Ford. ?????? They failed miserable, but guess what...they were Tested By Ford. Lesson Learned. Whole thing was a pyramid scam to sell distributorships...not Gas Wiz. Sheesh!

These Forums are causing my long term memory to recount experiences I had thought were long forgotten!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil, I really dig your stories!
I just dont see this doing anything but lightening up my wallet $50... I'm gonna pass.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
The only advantage, other than looks, for this device, would be the increased airflow at high speeds. However, the 40 to70, 45 to 65, and 70 to 90 times are not significantly improved (≤.1 second). Worth the cost? Maybe if you're into fractions!

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
The only advantage, other than looks, for this device, would be the increased airflow at high speeds. However, the 40 to70, 45 to 65, and 70 to 90 times are not significantly improved (≤.1 second). Worth the cost? Maybe if you're into fractions!
Lol! I just like the way it looks. Silly I know, but whatever. I have spent $50 on worse before.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
I got mine in and on....I don't know how much of a difference it will make. But I like the look.

20201027_154441.jpg
What did you think after adding the scoop?
How about when you added the CAI? What pushed you to the AFE vs the others out there? Any other mods like exhaust or time? Thank you.
Brian

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
What did you think after adding the scoop?
How about when you added the CAI? What pushed you to the AFE vs the others out there? Any other mods like exhaust or time? Thank you.
Brian
I have MBRP side exit exhaust, I am tuned as well, CAI adds some sound, but not much overall performance, the original box is designed pretty well, As far as AFE I wanted a dry filter and the price was pretty good.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
I have MBRP side exit exhaust, I am tuned as well, CAI adds some sound, but not much overall performance, the original box is designed pretty well, As far as AFE I wanted a dry filter and the price was pretty good.
Concur with both reasons thank you.
Brian

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Howver, the Dave (@AzScorpion )
1606220111176.png
would mention that the tailgate damper costs less, has a discount code and improves horsepower, torque and gas mileage. It only took Emperor Dave 5 months to complete the mind control :crazy:

Be careful not to choke on your aspirations.
1606220459621.png

:wink:

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I'm not sure the aFe alone delivers any benefit even at high speeds since by itself it just sits behind the factory shroud.

You'd need to change the pressure on top of the shroud and I suspect stock aerodynamics have a limiting threshold no matter how fast you are going.

PhilWhit

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Look at what popped up on the aFe website not long ago, an upgraded intake scoop.

Only available for preorder now, shipping in October. Great price point at $55 tho, definitely going to get one in red when they come out. Says it will work with aFe's Quantum CAI or the stock air box.

Link

1595964334119.png

1595964384385.png
I'm about to order one of these from Stage 3 but wondering about checking/cleaning/changing the filter... Do you have to disassemble the thing to get at it? Most others you can just remove the cover.
Sponsored