OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Last edited:

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I tried it once when it first came out. It was fine. Nothing crazy. Truthfully over the years I’ve used many soaps and most are all the same and get the job done.

Meguiars hyper wash is actually very good and economical. Have like an entire gallon as I’ve since switched to rinseless.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
I buy the cheap meguires from harbor freight. I only started buying it because now I'm running a foam cannon. It takes more soap to run one, and I can't justify the price of the fancy stuff. It foams up well for being cheaply priced. I think a jug of it was $6-7 last I checked. If you are just doing it buy hand without a cannon, then spending a little more on a quality soap would make more sense.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey guys,
I would like to find out what your personal experience has been with this product. I ordered it through Amazon because it had a 4.7 review score but haven't used it yet. Currently using Meguiars car wash. Your pros and cons would be appreciated.
Thanks.

mr pink car wash.jpg
I haven't used that one but I do use their Honeydew Snow Foam car wash which works great. I'm sure it similar to yours but mine is made for going through a foam cannon. Plus they smell good too. lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VS4JH62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I buy the cheap meguires from harbor freight. I only started buying it because now I'm running a foam cannon. It takes more soap to run one, and I can't justify the price of the fancy stuff. It foams up well for being cheaply priced. I think a jug of it was $6-7 last I checked. If you are just doing it buy hand without a cannon, then spending a little more on a quality soap would make more sense.
I find it actually takes a lot less. I mix 4 oz soap and add distilled water to my foam cannon. I can get 3-4 washes out of this and I do my wheels and wells first, rinse than the whole truck. With a foam cannon you need to run a "snow foam soap" or it won't foam up much at all. I was using Trinova car shampoo and conditioner for my hand washing and when I use it through the foam cannon there's very little foaming.

Last edited:

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
I find it actually takes a lot less. I mix 4 oz soap and add distilled water to my foam cannon. I can get 3-4 washes out of this and I do my wheels and wells first, rinse than the whole truck. With a fan cannon you need to run a "snow foam soap" or it won't foam up much at all. I was using Trinova car shampoo and conditioner for my hand washing and when I use it through the foam cannon there's very little foaming.
Good point. By me saying it takes more soap I just mean vs. just using a 2 bucket method without a cannon.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I use that and the honeydoo snowfoam. They're great for maintenance washes and smell awesome.

OP
OP
OrangeStreak

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I use that and the honeydoo snowfoam. They're great for maintenance washes and smell awesome.
Thanks Josh. Noticed you own a Mazdaspeed3. I bought a new 1973 RX3, herschell orange - black interior. These 1st Wankel rotary's were fast! Couldn't find any photos but found a similar one online.
1616600582154.png

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
Thanks Josh. Noticed you own a Mazdaspeed3. I bought a new 1973 RX3, herschell orange - black interior. These 1st Wankel rotary's were fast! Couldn't find any photos but found a similar one online.
1616600582154.png
Too cool! Was that stateside? I see a lot of those down under. And I just got rid of the ms3 and m3 for the ranger but I love the Mazda brand. I've watched way too many youtube videos on how to "rebuild" 13Bs.

OP
OP
OrangeStreak

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Too cool! Was that stateside? I see a lot of those down under. And I just got rid of the ms3 and m3 for the ranger but I love the Mazda brand. I've watched way too many youtube videos on how to "rebuild" 13Bs.
Yep, bought it from Rich Mazda here in Albuquerque which was then owned by Rich Ford (still here) but they have since sold the Mazda dealership out. Later owned several 626's which were reliable and had quality engineering. Also owned a 99 Mazda B4000 4X4 Truck (Great truck branded from Ford Ranger). My previous Truck was a 2011 Ford Ranger (Great truck). So far, I am very impressed with the new Ranger and really like the way it handles and drives!

1999 Mazda B4000 4X4 Front.jpg

1999 Mazda B4000 4X4 Side.jpg

Side.jpg

Last edited:

micheal2008

First Name
hanist
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM
Occupation
manager
A car wash solution with a polishing recipe that you can practice without difficulty is exactly what you need. Do-it-yourself car wash soap is cheaper, safer, and gives you greater control over substances to meet your specific needs.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I tried it once when it first came out. It was fine. Nothing crazy. Truthfully over the years I’ve used many soaps and most are all the same and get the job done.

Meguiars hyper wash is actually very good and economical. Have like an entire gallon as I’ve since switched to rinseless.
I just get whatever is cheap at Walmart, usually Meguier's.
I did get a Chemical Guys Wheel Gerbil wheel brush that I like (from Amazon).
Sponsored