First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4 CC
Occupation
Instrument Tech
Mine is doing the same thing only worse. Do not switch to 93 octane as this issue only gets worse and still doesn’t give engine light.
Mine is going in this weekend with the blessing of Ford corporate to do diagnostics beyond the “ their is no code”.
Call ‭(800) 392-3673‬ (be patient, they are nice but deal with a lot of jerks. Don’t be one) and get a ticket started. The more they hear about this the sooner it gets taken care of.
Mine will be in for a few days but I’ll post the findings. Good or bad.
Have you gotten any resolution on this issue.
? I have the exact problem since day one.
Sponsored

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
How is yours now is the issue still gone?
I have the same exact issue. No CEL rough around 1500rpm ususally in a gentle cruise like through town. 4 days at dealer and they did nothing except tried to blame it on Tranny and updated tranny profile. Has nothing to do with Tranny since I can lock it in 7th or 8th gear and it will still do it. Rarely I can even feel it at idle on cold start. I am very hesitant to waste my time at dealer again.
Still got it. Sometimes intermitting.
I think it’s a faulty fuel injector.
I did read on here that a fellow found a bad spark plug. Considering looking at that but haven’t had time.

Fordman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4 CC
Occupation
Instrument Tech
Still got it. Sometimes intermitting.
I think it’s a faulty fuel injector.
I did read on here that a fellow found a bad spark plug. Considering looking at that but haven’t had time.
Plugs and coils were the very first thing I checked. I looked at gap, isulators, and actually swapped coils from 3 to 1 and monitored. The reason is that the on-board monitors picked up misfire on my scan tool but not frequent enough to set CEL. Random misfire sometimes cylinder 3 sometimes 1 or 2. The issue can also be caused by lean condition possibly a bad injector like you mentioned. I did see one guy had same issue but got CEL and it turned out to be bad injectors. Guess the trick is to try to get Ford to look beyond the CEL. No new vehicle should run rough and Jerk like mine does at low speed.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing issues here, with no MIL/CEL--
Have any members considered the below TSB for these "misfires?" Member thread/issue link!!!

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/tsb-19-2052-april-2019-build.6475/#post-115717

Tcskeptic said:
FYI — after a little back and forth and opening the concern number they put the Ranger on the computer and detected a number of misfires. They applied TSB 19-2246, picked my truck up about 10 minutes ago, we’ll see how it goes. Thanks again for your help.
TSB info--

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/tsb-19-2246-2-3-ecoboost-misfiring.6709/

Last edited:

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I have an intermitting stumble/roughness at 1500 that I think possibly is a fuel injector, if one can be intermitting? No CEL, ever. 12k miles.
Runs worse on 87, best with 90. Sometimes it appears damp weather makes it worse.
Tried a tune from SCT Bulldog but no different, just went back to the factory stock tune and it’s running great. Go figure.
Mine is exactly the same except I never tried a tune.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have an intermitting stumble/roughness at 1500 that I think possibly is a fuel injector, if one can be intermitting? No CEL, ever. 12k miles.
Runs worse on 87, best with 90. Sometimes it appears damp weather makes it worse.
Tried a tune from SCT Bulldog but no different, just went back to the factory stock tune and it’s running great. Go figure.
Ran into this so many times with Ford!!! :question: Software download integrity marginal on first attempt--I reloaded/or updated software, and issues resolved!! Just resetting the "adaptive memory" at times eliminated the issue!! What they are putting into these PCM's, not only to run our vehicles, but to protect from "reverse engineering" is extremely sophisticated!

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Mine is exactly the same except I never tried a tune.
As mentioned I’ve tried a tune, no change but again it’s intermitting. Seems worse on damp cold rainy days.
Mine doesn’t jerk but if I put foot in it from a stop, AS IF GETTING ACROSS FOUR LANES IN A HURRY it’s slow to respond, almost a full stall.
The missing is easily erased by getting past 1500-2000 rpm. Sport mode keeps the revs up and it’s not as noticeable.
A real annoying pisser.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Ran into this so many times with Ford!!! :question: Software download integrity marginal on first attempt--I reloaded/or updated software, and issues resolved!! Just resetting the "adaptive memory" at times eliminated the issue!! What they are putting into these PCM's, not only to run our vehicles, but to protect from "reverse engineering" is extremely sophisticated!
You referring to the stock tune??
How can I try this??

Sako887

First Name
Sarkis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Subbed. Having a similar issue, no cel but at times recorded 10 misfires in 30min. Usually cyl 1, 3 sometimes 4. Stumble between 1800-2300rpm under acceleration.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Subbed. Having a similar issue, no cel but at times recorded 10 misfires in 30min. Usually cyl 1, 3 sometimes 4. Stumble between 1800-2300rpm under acceleration.
The member, listed below, stated in this thread, he had a "unable to duplicate/NPF" during this event!!!!:) No indication on the thread, that the CEL was on!! Just "misfires"!!

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/tsb-19-2052-april-2019-build.6475/#post-115717

Tcskeptic said:
FYI — after a little back and forth and opening the concern number they put the Ranger on the computer and detected a number of misfires. They applied TSB 19-2246, picked my truck up about 10 minutes ago, we’ll see how it goes. Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You referring to the stock tune??
How can I try this??
YES--

Read the above listed thread--Phil, has a VERY good suggestion to move forward on a difficult diagnoses/fault pin point. :like: Posting #2.

Last edited:

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I have been running 89 as well. I'm having a hard time finding forums on what fuel most people are using. Do you plan on sticking with 89? Could this potentially harm the engine since it is tuned to 87? If anyone knows the answers please feel free to let me know. I keep going back and forth about whether I should use 87 or 89.
Gas prices have been low, and I indulged in filling up with high octane. Checking my gas mileage, still not a huge improvement for the $$ and I'm still not convinced the performance is dramatically higher... but I'm running almost all stock (exhaust upgrade and a GFB valve on the blowoff). I've been following threads on ECM mods and am thinking that may be the next tweak. As far as the stumble, I'd prefer to try something simple the first time around to improve the low speed experience. If there were truly a cleaner/lube for the injectors it would be worth a try. Back in the day, Seafoam was the cure-all for all kinds of crud.

Edit to add: if I go shopping for injector cleaner, this ad/post suggests a PEA-based additive is the place to start: https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a4848/sponsored-content-fuell-additives-reality-vs-fiction/

Last edited:

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I mentioned above about mine running rough in damp wet weather.
Today it’s 80 and dry, ran like a top...?‍♂

Fordman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4 CC
Occupation
Instrument Tech
Dealer told me that they drove my truck and verified it, but considered it a normal charachteristic of the 10 speed, saying that it gets kind of "confused" on whether to shift or not. They didn't even hook up the diagnostic to check for codes or monitor anything. The good news is I'll save the money on the Ford protect plan I was going to purchase since I can't get anything that requires a little bit of effort fixed. No sense in paying for a warranty when everything is "normal". This is the 3rd dealer I have tried. In fairness the 2nd dealer never returned my call after being on hold for 10 minutes and leaving a "detailed message for one of their service professionals to call me back as soon as possible".
You ever get anywhere with this issue? I was told the same thing about the tranny. I don't buy it since I can manually lockout gears and still does the hesitation and jerk at low speeds

Fordman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4 CC
Occupation
Instrument Tech
I have been running 89 as well. I'm having a hard time finding forums on what fuel most people are using. Do you plan on sticking with 89? Could this potentially harm the engine since it is tuned to 87? If anyone knows the answers please feel free to let me know. I keep going back and forth about whether I should use 87 or 89.
You can run the higher octane no problem it will harm nothing. The 87 is actually the minimum octane and recommended. The ECM will automatically compensate timing curves for octane
Sponsored