Carvana is paying big $$

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
OK...I decided to try this since my curiosity was getting the better of me.
2019 XLT SC FX4 with 302A and Technology Pkg. 10k miles, SE Mich........$35,210.
I paid out the door - $35,550 (A-plan and during the big end of year 2019 Rebate blitz)
Basically a wash which is very impressive.....BUT.....I also have over $2k of 'mods'.
I'll keep Maggie as I'm really happy with this truck. Now, if this type of offer is still around when the new gen comes out it might be more tempting.
I got basically the same for my 2019 XLT FX4 302A. I had around $5K+ in mods but was able to remove and transfer everything to a 2020 Lariat FX4 except for the bed liner. Fortunately I had kept all the stock parts to reinstall including the wheels, tires, and FX4 suspension.
Sponsored

ems

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
RN
The carvana offer has gone up about a grand since the first time I checked. The ranger has been great, but if the offer goes up much more and I can find a good deal on a 2021 f150 stx supercrew I’ll probably trade up. I’ve got a couple rapidly growing kids that aren’t getting any smaller, and while the ranger is perfectly adequate for now, the f150 would be a little more adequate. It would be a no-brainer if the net cost to switch was under a couple grand, but if I can’t find that deal I’ve got no problem staying in the ranger, it’s been a great little truck so far.

Mastodon

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2020 Explorer Limited
You guys made me curious enough to check what they’d offer me on my truck I bought a month ago:

2020 Lariat with FX4, sport appearance, technology, and tow packages, plus bedliner and hard tonneau. ~1800 miles. Offered me just over $39K. I paid $38K plus taxes for it. Crazy!!!

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I will never buy a new Hyundai again, worst new POS I ever had! That great warranty was worthless in my opinion.....sorry, just had to vent a little on my terrible Hyundai experience.
Now I on the other hand have had great experience with the Hyundai warrantee. 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0 turbo. 92K new transmission, just today, complete new engine, under warrantee at 103K. No short block, but complete engine sans turbo. And they know how to design a vehicle to be user friendly. I love the Ranger, but controls are not easy to use. If my wife didn't insist I buy a truck, I'd be driving it. She loves it.

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Sport | '09 MS3 - CorkSport Tuned
Occupation
Structural Detailer / Drafter
Didn't someone say Carvana doesn't have the info on the 21's? They may be too new for the data base
I think this must be true, cause I've tried this on my '21, and it doesn't work. :(

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Now I on the other hand have had great experience with the Hyundai warrantee. 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0 turbo. 92K new transmission, just today, complete new engine, under warrantee at 103K. No short block, but complete engine sans turbo. And they know how to design a vehicle to be user friendly. I love the Ranger, but controls are not easy to use. If my wife didn't insist I buy a truck, I'd be driving it. She loves it.
Happen to be talking to a friend of our neighbors at a get together recently and he works in service at a Hyundai dealer. He remarked at the extremely high number of 2.0 turbo motor replacements Hyundai/Kia have done over the years and continue to do.

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Happen to be talking to a friend of our neighbors at a get together recently and he works in service at a Hyundai dealer. He remarked at the extremely high number of 2.0 turbo motor replacements Hyundai/Kia have done over the years and continue to do.
Oh yeah, there was a recall or something to to bearing clearances. Ours was tested last year and passed. When we heard rapping, loud at first then went away, they did test again and it failed twice. 100K warrantee was extended to 120K to protect consumer, and it did just that. I would buy again, not just for warrantee, but for comfort, styling and design.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Oh yeah, there was a recall or something to to bearing clearances. Ours was tested last year and passed. When we heard rapping, loud at first then went away, they did test again and it failed twice. 100K warrantee was extended to 120K to protect consumer, and it did just that. I would buy again, not just for warrantee, but for comfort, styling and design.
The New Santa Fe is really nice looking. Neighbor across the street got one about 6 months ago. Really well appointed and seems to have great fit and finish.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
While it's great that they're taking care of you, it's a little worrisome that you've had such dramatic experience with the warranty (transmission AND engine!).

I do have to say that I've got a 2013 Sorento from their sister company, and when I suggested to my wife that we trade it in, she wouldn't hear of it. She loves it! We've had a few relatively minor things fail (transmission temp sensor, wheel speed sensor, and there's a new airbag light I need to deal with), but overall it drives nice and has served us well. Biggest problem I've had with it is that the salesman told us when we bought it used that the factory warranty transfers, and when the transmission sensor failed I discovered that he had been fibbing.

Bugger1114

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Accountant
For anyone that has sold theirs to Carvana...how does the registration and title transfer work? I would worry it would stay in my name for a while.

Also, what did you do about the insurance? I'm assuming one would cancel on the vehicle sold and add back when another vehicle is obtained.

And, did anyone owe a current balance on the vehicle they sold? Did they complete a timely payoff?

I'm getting a crazy offer price ($1,000 over sticker)...but still not sure it's all as smooth as the claim.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well we pulled the trigger & I have to thank Carvana for the help. Like I stated earlier not getting rid of my Ranger to many SMILES. We looked up our 17 Kia Sportage which we have had zerro issues with 83500 miles on Carvana they gave us an online price that I thought was really good of $14153. So we checked out a 21 KIA Spotage with Carvana offer in hand & they did not want to deal at all. So we cheched out a 21 Honda CRV with our Carvana offer in hand the made us a very good deal. The dealer we purchased from offers 10 yr 200,000 mile power train warranty No charge on every car they sell plus 2 yr free maintance. Color is Sonic Grey AWD 27 to 32 mpg. The Honda has so many more features for better money than the Kia.

DSCN8552.JPG

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Well we pulled the trigger & I have to thank Carvana for the help. Like I stated earlier not getting rid of my Ranger to many SMILES. We looked up our 17 Kia Sportage which we have had zerro issues with 83500 miles on Carvana they gave us an online price that I thought was really good of $14153. So we checked out a 21 KIA Spotage with Carvana offer in hand & they did not want to deal at all. So we cheched out a 21 Honda CRV with our Carvana offer in hand the made us a very good deal. The dealer we purchased from offers 10 yr 200,000 mile power train warranty No charge on every car they sell plus 2 yr free maintance. Color is Sonic Grey AWD 27 to 32 mpg. The Honda has so many more features for better money than the Kia.

DSCN8552.JPG
Nice!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
We have engine covers?
Only on the Lariat, except that now even the Lariat doesn't get one.

I'm going to hold onto mine if I sell my truck because I think it will soon become the injected foam equivalent of Etherium.
Sponsored