gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
That is unfortunate, I suppose they forgot it or we found another thing Ford cheaped out on

I don't see the need for the tether cable really if the glovebox is still retained in a manner that supports the weight which it does... Probably has to do with being an XL owner lol. Maybe some other 19/20 XL owners will chime in
Sponsored

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 XL has no glovebox damper

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
In case an XL owner feels slighted... $27 to get to that XLT level
5A2EE315-93C2-4135-ADD2-AF38267CDF13.jpeg

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 XL has no glovebox damper
As I imagined lol. Someone here really thought I was trolling about a stupid f*cking glovebox damper and had to ask if others were the same lol.
In case an XL owner feels slighted... $27 to get to that XLT level
5A2EE315-93C2-4135-ADD2-AF38267CDF13.jpeg
I donā€™t feel slighted by any means. I think they didnā€™t put it in the XLā€™s because XL owners are strong enough to drop their glovebox to a resting position without the need of assistance ;)

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I don't see the need for the tether cable really if the glovebox is still retained in a manner that supports the weight which it does... Probably has to do with being an XL owner lol. Maybe some other 19/20 XL owners will chime in
I just replaced my cabin air filter with the Purolator PBC35519. My 2019 Ranger (build date 03/2019) does have the damper. But considering that it's a minimal pain to disconnect, a bigger pain to reconnect, and that Ford has decided they aren't even needed, just left mine disconnected.

Update 07/13/20: Ford may have decided the damper isn't needed, but I don't like the way the glovebox just drops open. So I reinstalled the damper, and it really wasn't a problem. Had been trying to do it with the glovebox open, but it's much easier to do when it's closed.

Last edited:

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Does the original have any charcoal freshening?

canigetadollar?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Fun Haver
Hey guys, check out the old cabin filter I replaced. Bought the truck with 14k on the clock and the previous owner had obviously smoked inside. Treated the cab with ozone which zapped almost all of the smell. Replaced the cabin filter with this one and the smell 100% is no longer present. Just wanted to share!

filter 1.JPG

filter2.JPG

filter3.JPG

meistreguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, check out the old cabin filter I replaced. Bought the truck with 14k on the clock and the previous owner had obviously smoked inside. Treated the cab with ozone which zapped almost all of the smell. Replaced the cabin filter with this one and the smell 100% is no longer present. Just wanted to share!

filter 1.JPG

filter2.JPG

filter3.JPG
Makes me glad I gave up smoking.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Update: PurolatorBOSS PBC35519 Perfect fit.

I have been on the quest to find a replacement cabin air filter other than the factory one, specifically a carbon laden one to catch some odors before getting into the cab.

So far I have found the OEM filter number which is FP88 (19N619). However, when trying to cross reference the number on frams site I get about 30 related filters with that number segment. As eager as I am... I cant buy them all to see which one fits. Some say they fit the mustang others the edge.. ect. I know the size of our filter is going to be exactly the same as one of these but which one is the hard part to narrow down.

Anyone have any insight on the subject?

not all Rangers have the cable. My STX 4x4 has no cable that needs removed from the glove box door.

Just remove tabs from track by pressing inward and door is free to drop.

The question is which way is air flow? Up from blower or down into blower?

I got a STP filter from autozone. Fits, but has arrow on side pointing fir airflow direction.

So which was does the air flow?

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
not all Rangers have the cable. My STX 4x4 has no cable that needs removed from the glove box door.

Just remove tabs from track by pressing inward and door is free to drop.

The question is which way is air flow? Up from blower or down into blower?

I got a STP filter from autozone. Fits, but has arrow on side pointing fir airflow direction.

So which was does the air flow?
If you still have the OEM filter it has an arrow on the side. I think the air flows up. I didn'tā€˜t see the arrow until I had flipped it around a few times, but it makes sense it would push air out the vents better that way, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
Hi Folks,

Okay...owners of 2020 Rangers...do you have a glove box tether?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I have a 2019 Lariat, build date 5/19 and I do have the glove box tether.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
If you still have the OEM filter is has an arrow on the side. I think the air flows up. i donā€™t see the arrow until I had flipped it around a few times, but it makes sense it would push air out the vents better that way, but I could be wrong.
Well, think the airflow is down into the blower....I dug the old one out of the garbage. The mouse nest was on top when I took it out. Arrow was pointed down in relation to the nest.

F*$&=<Ć·*' mice.
Can anyone verify? Worth a beer at least.
Sponsored