First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I live off road so I need a stack of filters. I like the reuseable ones in theory but opinion on here doesn't bode well for them in dirty environments.
I take my truck off-road plenty of times it has no problems with the OEM cabin filter. I can't remember what Ford recommends for intervals to change it out but I usually go every 15,000 miles I did do 20,000 miles once and it still wasn't too terrible but it's still regular maintenance that needs to be done. Also the price of the filter from Factory isn't too bad when you look at it. To me it beats going to K&N in pain for a filter you have to clean an oil every time
Sponsored

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I take my truck off-road plenty of times it has no problems with the OEM cabin filter. I can't remember what Ford recommends for intervals to change it out but I usually go every 15,000 miles I did do 20,000 miles once and it still wasn't too terrible but it's still regular maintenance that needs to be done. Also the price of the filter from Factory isn't too bad when you look at it. To me it beats going to K&N in pain for a filter you have to clean an oil every time
Yep I'm about 500 miles shy of 15K. I like ordering a bunch at once, I have a stack of oil filters and if we're going to start getting supply issues with paper filters I'm ordering a stack of them too. I'll see what price Levittown Ford has.

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Man I was just going to order thr EcoGaurd one from Amazon but now in rabbit hole of which filter to get WITH auto AC. Saw a comment on thr EcoGaurd that it was too dense and causing fan issues.

so what is the consensus on which one to get? Just go buy from a dealer?

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Man I was just going to order thr EcoGaurd one from Amazon but now in rabbit hole of which filter to get WITH auto AC. Saw a comment on thr EcoGaurd that it was too dense and causing fan issues.

Maybe the auto AC is just a higher speed fan (when first turned on) and so needs more flow? If that's the case I'm not worried about it so much. I don't use auto or really even put the system at max speed.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician

The factory Motocraft does just fine. The price I fair in my opinion as well
Sponsored