Cabin Air Filters with Auto AC

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I have the auto button on my AC but the only cabin air filters I'm finding say "Without Auto AC". Case in point. Are they all the same?
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I thought they were all the same - for giggles, I looked on rockauto.com - the Motorcraft is the one you listed - it just says "w/pollen filter". It is out of stock. The Wix version they show only has one. There is also one that says "w/ manual temperature controls" from UAC. That one is also out of stock. I'd guess it is just one size, but really don't know. Since Wix only shows one (and they are a pretty good provider of filters). If you find out for sure, let us know.

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought they were all the same - for giggles, I looked on rockauto.com - the Motorcraft is the one you listed - it just says "w/pollen filter". It is out of stock. The Wix version they show only has one. There is also one that says "w/ manual temperature controls" from UAC. That one is also out of stock. I'd guess it is just one size, but really don't know. Since Wix only shows one (and they are a pretty good provider of filters). If you find out for sure, let us know.
I guess I have to just try it out.

The OOS stuff is getting on my nerves. Fairway Ford said these were OOS with no ETA like 3 months ago and again today said the same thing for both air intake and cabin air filters.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I have to just try it out.

The OOS stuff is getting on my nerves. Fairway Ford said these were OOS with no ETA like 3 months ago and again today said the same thing for both air intake and cabin air filters.
I'd try getting the wix one - they make really good filters - and apparently they are doing a better job with their supply chain, too. :crackup:

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd try getting the wix one - they make really good filters - and apparently they are doing a better job with their supply chain, too. :crackup:
Yeah but Fairway Ford takes Fordpass points. Only place I can use them since none of the local dealers are on it. Oh well.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but Fairway Ford takes Fordpass points. Only place I can use them since none of the local dealers are on it. Oh well.
Your local dealers SHOULD be on it, but they probably don't want to figure out how it works. I have to say Ford didn't do a good job explaining what they are and how they are to be used. I used up most of mine for parts at my dealer (air/cabin filter, wiper blades, etc).

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your local dealers SHOULD be on it, but they probably don't want to figure out how it works. I have to say Ford didn't do a good job explaining what they are and how they are to be used. I used up most of mine for parts at my dealer (air/cabin filter, wiper blades, etc).
Yeah a good year ago they said they were trying to figure it out ha.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Put simple your truck has a cabin air filter. I myself simply go to the Ford dealer and get it. Why you ask? Because I know it needs to be changed every once in a great while

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
is the cabin air filter easy to get too?
It's not terrible but it could be better. You have to bring the glove box down and there's a stupid little damper of sorts there's a slight pain to disconnect. After I disconnected mine I just left it like such

Iowa Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion SE, 2021 XL Ranger Supercab STX 4x4
Occupation
Automotive Tooling Engineer
It's not terrible but it could be better. You have to bring the glove box down and there's a stupid little damper of sorts there's a slight pain to disconnect. After I disconnected mine I just left it like such
thanks good to know, in my 2012 Fusion thats where it was, super easy to change, my wife had a 13 Fusion, same place, but you had to have burger king hands to get to it.

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Put simple your truck has a cabin air filter. I myself simply go to the Ford dealer and get it. Why you ask? Because I know it needs to be changed every once in a great while
I live off road so I need a stack of filters. I like the reuseable ones in theory but opinion on here doesn't bode well for them in dirty environments.
Sponsored