Bucking/Surging Epidemic

dillback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Having the same issue. Ordered the part LB5Z-9J433-B as everyone else. Anybody have any tips on replacing it? I took a quick look under the hood. I see the part, but I don't see where the hoses lead to/how and what they're connected to. Can they be removed with one hand or will i need to reach in with both? I'm not very tall, so a little worried about reaching back and under. Just want to be prepared for when the part comes

cclayton

First Name
Collin Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Having the same issue. Ordered the part LB5Z-9J433-B as everyone else. Anybody have any tips on replacing it? I took a quick look under the hood. I see the part, but I don't see where the hoses lead to/how and what they're connected to. Can they be removed with one hand or will i need to reach in with both? I'm not very tall, so a little worried about reaching back and under. Just want to be prepared for when the part comes
I used a short step stool to reach the 8mm mounting bolt and two hose clamps. I used 6” slip joint pliers to remove the hose clamps. They had better grip than needle nose pliers. The two hoses connect to tubing near the part. Very easy to see once the part is unbolted.

Since replacement, I have had zero issues and gas mpg slightly improved.

bzmotoninja83

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2014 Focus 2000 Explorer 1987 Goldwing
Read the whole thread. Kicking my own ass that I didnt order an EGR DPFE when they were $15.... It was $50.
It didnt become a problem until recently.

dillback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just an update: It appears this also fixed my bucking issue. I had to climb up into the engine bay on my knees to reach/see where the hose clamps are. Truck also feels like it has more pep. Didnt realize how sluggish it was.

bzmotoninja83

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2014 Focus 2000 Explorer 1987 Goldwing
Just changed my sensor. The clamps are an absolute pain in the ass. I wound up just grabbing and twisting the small one for it to come off and, the larger one, was a combo of using my gerber multi tool, grabbing and twisting and, a little swearing.
Removed the squeeze clamps from the new one and replaced with worm clamps.

Completely solved what I initially thought was a transmission issue!!

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Cultivation technician II
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you guys order your replacement parts ?

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I think I am going to proactively replace this after I get enough miles on it.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you guys order your replacement parts ?
Is this the part that everyone is talking about and its fixing the buking issue? Attached is from LevittownFordParts.com, Benny is in the forum here. I think I'm ordering one cause I feel a bit of bucking .

Screenshot_20220627-005316_Chrome.jpg

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Is this the part that everyone is talking about and its fixing the buking issue? Attached is from LevittownFordParts.com, Benny is in the forum here. I think I'm ordering one cause I feel a bit of bucking .

Screenshot_20220627-005316_Chrome.jpg
+1 That’s as cheap as you’ll find it.

Just my luck too, I ordered one off eBay last week because my dealer was out of stock and it was a few dollars cheaper from a eBay Ford dealer in FL.
Not sure if this fix my stall but I’m going to give it a try.

mk842766

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 2019 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
How the hell is everyone getting this off?????