First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
2WD Rangers will likely have Bridgestone H/T street tires ( like this only blackwalls)
upload_2019-5-6_22-33-46.jpeg
Picked my Ranger up today and these were on it.

UPDATE: just checked my spare an it is a Hankook

Last edited:

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
I also got Bridgestones but the ride seems vague and bouncy. Glad I didn’t get Hankooks. I replaced my tires with Nitto Terra Grapplers G2s and it rides so much better with the new tires!
I am not happy either with the ride of my Bridgestone Dualers 2WD Lariat SuperCrew. After relieving the excessive over-inflation (45 psi) they came with, they still bounce around at freeway speeds. I did notice when I happened to take a small load of concrete stepping stones to a friend's house, it sure road better with some weight in the bed.

Right now the psi is set at 34 and still getting too much bouncing around. I don't think I will try lower than 32 psi before looking into alternative solutions. It just seems a waste to change tires with less than a thousand miles on them. I don't want to resort carrying around weight and sacrificing mpg's for comfortable ride. I was always happy with Michelin's on my Sport Trac.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I am not happy either with the ride of my Bridgestone Dualers 2WD Lariat SuperCrew. After relieving the excessive over-inflation (45 psi) they came with, they still bounce around at freeway speeds. I did notice when I happened to take a small load of concrete stepping stones to a friend's house, it sure road better with some weight in the bed.

Right now the psi is set at 34 and still getting too much bouncing around. I don't think I will try lower than 32 psi before looking into alternative solutions. It just seems a waste to change tires with less than a thousand miles on them. I don't want to resort carrying around weight and sacrificing mpg's for comfortable ride. I was always happy with Michelin's on my Sport Trac.
Give them a while, tires do have a break in period. Plus handling will improve with wear.
If I remember correctly, they start at 13/32 which is way deep since most tires are11/32 or less when new.
Half tread tires handle better, especially on dry pavement.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I intentionally deflate my tires so that as they heat up, I get proper wear across the tread. At 32psi cold, after 15 minutes of driving, they are 35psi

Daniel Cohen

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked up my XLT 4x4 with 302A package and it came with Bridgestone Dueler A/T's and looks amazing for stock. Of course I will be switching them out for the brand new X-A/T Yokohama...

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S 255/65-17 on my LTX 301A Sport App 4x4 SuperCrew.

edit
Spare is a Hankook Dynapro 255/70R16. Unsure of what wheel they used but the spoke pattern seems different. Don't feel like dropping the spare at the moment just to have a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
My Sport package 4x4 (no FX4) came with Bridegstone Dueler A/T
My STX 4x4 has the same. Dueler A/T.

Have them at 34lbs cold....will see how they ride. Will go to 32 if ride to harsh.

Seem nice enough, but only have 75 miles on them to make assessment
Sponsored