Wear bars on Bridgestone Duelers

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
How in the hell did you get 34k out of them? Mine were done at 25k rotated every 5k.
It's crazy how the mileage varies with these. I have 45K on mine with approximately 4/32 left. About a 60/40 hwy to around town split. Getting ready to install a larger set next month.
Sponsored

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
It's crazy how the mileage varies with these. I have 45K on mine with approximately 4/32 left. About a 60/40 hwy to around town split. Getting ready to install a larger set next month.
I swear mine were fine until this last month of 100+ actual temps daily. I looked down walking to it one day and it went from good to.... where did my thread go?!?.. Then made my appointment. Alignment was good when they checked it. Didn't know they would ever say it was good. Thought that was a given tire shops would up sale that after a free check.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
FWIW, in my 50+ years of driving the wear bars go straight across the tread from one side to the other. Assuming the tire has worn evenly when you get to the wear bars you will have a solid bar of rubber that goes across the tread about every 45 degrees around the circumference. The only variation I have seen is with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS. It has DWS molded into the tread around the tire. When the S disappears Conti says they are no longer suitable for driving in the snow. When the W disappears they are no longer suitable for wet roads and when the D disappears they need to be replaced.
Sponsored

Last edited: