HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Hey Guys!

Sorry for leaving you hanging on the next update! For those who follow our blog, you might have already caught wind of our design plans, but for those who don't, here it is!

Snorkel-assembly.jpg

To find out more about the design, and everything that we're cooking up for our Ranger Snorkel, make sure that you head over to our Engineering Blog to read up!

As always, feel free to shoot over any questions that you might have!

-Nick
So pumped for this. Is there any indication, based on initial specs, that this might provide better or worse air flow as compared to the stock inlet? The oval connection at the fender looks like it might be a point of restriction but hard to tell true size from the pic/video.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
So pumped for this. Is there any indication, based on initial specs, that this might provide better or worse air flow as compared to the stock inlet? The oval connection at the fender looks like it might be a point of restriction but hard to tell true size from the pic/video.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this! We're looking into an accurate means of testing the flow of the system with the snorkel installed. I'll be sure to include some insight with our next update!

-Nick

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
What is the current es
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this! We're looking into an accurate means of testing the flow of the system with the snorkel installed. I'll be sure to include some insight with our next update!

-Nick
What is the estimated release date?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
What is the current es
What is the estimated release date?
Great Question! Right now we're aiming for late August for our presale launch which would put the snorkel on your doorstep by Mid/late September. Granted, since we're still in the production phase nothing is set in stone, so that is all subject to change. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated if that plan moves in either direction!

Thanks,
Nick

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
We're looking into an accurate means of testing the flow of the system with the snorkel installed. I'll be sure to include some insight with our next update!

-Nick
I'm no engineer, just a milkman, but it seems pretty simple to do.

I would think one could hook powerful vacuum source to the inlet, and measure flow with a MAF.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm no engineer, just a milkman, but it seems pretty simple to do.

I would think one could hook powerful vacuum source to the inlet, and measure flow with a MAF.
When you think about it there's probably still more than what you think goes into it for the fact that you have more than just float to look at. You also have to make sure the things going to last. Also with you lovely coronavirus that everyone's been dealing with there have probably been delays in the shop

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
When you think about it there's probably still more than what you think goes into it for the fact that you have more than just float to look at. You also have to make sure the things going to last. Also with you lovely coronavirus that everyone's been dealing with there have probably been delays in the shop
For sure. As one who gave up waiting for a Bronco I understand that bringing a new product to market in this day and age is difficult to say the least.

Just trying to say that testing flow should be simple enough.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this question!

It's both simple and a little more complex. @D Fresh isn't wrong about hooking it up to a vacuum source to check the flow, we have a flow bench which we use to do this all of the time. The wrench in our gears at the moment is that the bench testing is great for comparing something like OEM components to our design, but in this application, the results may be skewed. So, to ensure we're getting an accurate read on what this snorkel does when installed is we plan on recording flow/pressure readings during a dyno test. Essentially just making the EcoBoost our vacuum source.

Now for the final wrench in the gears, we're still waiting on a viable production sample to test with. Once our next set of samples arrives, we'll be able to dig more into the flow and pressure data of this snorkel, and we're just as eager as you guys are, promise!

I'll keep you guys posted!

-Nick

TommyAtomic

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Wow. Its hard to complain about them wanting to give accurate numbers.

Actually its quite easy but you sound really stupid like: "Please feed us wildly inaccurate performance numbers that lack any meaningful context."

I'm curious about the snorkel but I'm willing to wait for accurate contextual info.

Regardless, thanks for the update Nick!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to bump this up and let you know that we're still plugging away at this project!

We had a few kinks to work out, but we have our latest sample in the shop, so that means more detailed updates coming soon!

-Nick

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to bump this up and let you know that we're still plugging away at this project!

We had a few kinks to work out, but we have our latest sample in the shop, so that means more detailed updates coming soon!

-Nick
Hurry up and take our MONEY!!!!

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Any chance they will be shipping before November? I am supposed to be doing the High Water Mark Trail again in November. I really want a snorkel that doesn’t require me to cut a huge hole in my fender (at least on the outside).

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Any chance they will be shipping before November? I am supposed to be doing the High Water Mark Trail again in November. I really want a snorkel that doesn’t require me to cut a huge hole in my fender (at least on the outside).
Right now we're on track to get them out to you guys before then!

-Nick

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Occupation
ME
@Mishimoto you guys should make an option for a "ram air" style scoop that could connect to the engine bay duct. Basically keep the green portion of the cad model, and replace the orange snorkel section with a scoop just on the fender. It would be a nice option for the street truck guys that want the extra air inlet without the off-road styling of a full on snorkel.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.