Snorkel

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Anyone Planning on running the ARB snorkel?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
In time I will be doing such since I am on a SLOW build for Overlanding my Ranger. Thankfully water crossings arent to much of a problem where I am(not deep at least) but the benefit of not having as much dirt and dust in the air box sounds nice.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
It is on my list, but have more important things to do first. We don't have a lot of big water crossings and I don't typically wheel in groups so dust is not a big concern either.

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I inquired about the snorkel yesterday with my local 4x4 shop. The part is on back order. I’m definitely interested and wanting to add a snorkel.

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased the Safari Snorkel from Stage Three Motorsports. They have inventory available in their Washington and Florida warehouses. They told me 5-7 days to get the order processed and shipped, so should be here by the end of the month. I'm traveling out West on July 31 so probably wont' have this installed until mid-August.

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve read something similar on this forum for other mods (see pic attached), but just want to get people’s reaction to the same warranty question and the snorkel. I had no issues with Toyota when I installed a snorkel, and am guessing Ford will be the same. I feel like the Ford dealership will just look at it, think nothing of it, and carry on. I took my truck for its first service last week and the dealership loved all the mods to the truck. The Tacoma TRD Pro and Colorado Bison AEV come with the snorkel so I don’t imagine how the snorkel installation by itself would void the warranty.

C18022B1-B549-4774-9941-BC74555108BE.jpeg

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Seeing as how low our alternators sit on these trucks, I’ll probably be skipping this mod. I do like how they look though.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Seeing as how low our alternators sit on these trucks, I’ll probably be skipping this mod. I do like how they look though.
If you aren't planning on going through too many water crossings you should be ok. If anything the primary reason for a snorkel is to keep less dust and dirt out of the intake when you have a bunch of dirt and dust being kicked up infront of you. I have been through a few crossings here in Colorado and haven't haf an issue yet but haven't gotten depa either. Also there is a video of ford having a ranger with a diesel in depa water idleing for a few hours with no problems as well so our alternator should be fine.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
I doubt that I will ever put a snorkel on my 2WD Ranger but I do have one on my Honda Pioneer 500 SxS to help keep dust out of the air cleaner. Snorkels definitely help keep dust out.

I haven't done any deep water crossing since getting out of the Army and all our vehicles had waterproof connections on the entire wiring harnesses and had the air box sealed.

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
If you aren't planning on going through too many water crossings you should be ok. If anything the primary reason for a snorkel is to keep less dust and dirt out of the intake when you have a bunch of dirt and dust being kicked up infront of you. I have been through a few crossings here in Colorado and haven't haf an issue yet but haven't gotten depa either. Also there is a video of ford having a ranger with a diesel in depa water idleing for a few hours with no problems as well so our alternator should be fine.
Living in South Florida I don’t really have to worry much about sand/dust getting kicked up. I can see this being very beneficial where you live though.

On water crossings though I do believe the diesel Rangers are rated to be able to cross deeper water than we are. I remember seeing the video on here of the Australian Ranger being tested through water deep enough to nearly come up and over the hood. Our American spec rangers are only rated to about the center of our stock wheels.