Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Bulldozer.jpg

There are many vehicles designed to work continuously in extremely dirty environments. They use pre-filters, not simply raised intake pipes. Many of us with decades of military experience in various craptastic desert environments are familiar with the Donaldson "cyclonic" extractors that mount on top of the actual deep-water fording stacks on various vehicles. The fact that they are elevated at all has nothing to do with finding cleaner air. The pre-filter is what makes it work, not the elevation.
We learned alot in a short time dealing with the sandbox. Even in the city areas, that is one dirty,dusty place.
Sponsored

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
We learned alot in a short time dealing with the sandbox. Even in the city areas, that is one dirty,dusty place.
Yes. Much sucking to be had by all. And goats. Many goats. And sickly-sweet lukewarm tea. Was returning to base one night when a sandstorm began. So much sand that the headlight beam reflected off it back into our eyes instead of illuminating the road. We were completely blind. We took turns driving, with the passenger dragging his foot on the ground to feel the edge of the pavement so we didn't lose the road. 8 miles took us about 3 hours, but we made it to our destination unscathed. I can't remember ever being dirtier than that night. Of course the sandstorm shut down the showers too. Much sucking.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Yes. Much sucking to be had by all. And goats. Many goats. And sickly-sweet lukewarm tea. Was returning to base one night when a sandstorm began. So much sand that the headlight beam reflected off it back into our eyes instead of illuminating the road. We were completely blind. We took turns driving, with the passenger dragging his foot on the ground to feel the edge of the pavement so we didn't lose the road. 8 miles took us about 3 hours, but we made it to our destination unscathed. I can't remember ever being dirtier than that night. Of course the sandstorm shut down the showers too. Much sucking.
Talking about showers in early stages. We had to wait two weeks before our first shower. Finally, We received a water buffalo that sat in the 130+ all day. We threw some Hescos around it for a little privacy. Ugh and those dang port o potties ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Any updates on the Snorkel build?
Not quite yet, but very soon! Sorry for the delay, we just want to make sure that we take our time and cover every angle!

I just looked at my timeline and I plan on getting another blog post update out to you guys in the next 2-3 weeks, so very soon! Currently, we're aiming for having this out to you guys this summer, but we don't have a date set in stone just yet since there are still some unknowns when it comes to production and testing. Once we get closer, we'll have a better idea of the launch date.

-Nick

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Not quite yet, but very soon! Sorry for the delay, we just want to make sure that we take our time and cover every angle!

I just looked at my timeline and I plan on getting another blog post update out to you guys in the next 2-3 weeks, so very soon! Currently, we're aiming for having this out to you guys this summer, but we don't have a date set in stone just yet since there are still some unknowns when it comes to production and testing. Once we get closer, we'll have a better idea of the launch date.

-Nick
Thanks, Nick! I’ll be first in line. Can you please confirm that your design will still utilize the existing vent in the fender? That’s a must for me.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

If you look at the placement of my platform build do you think I would have clearance problems? Also if you need someone to be a rolling advert during long term use testing I uh may know a guy lol nudge nudge

B58A0C38-883E-45C2-BB02-6FBB4A10F83F.jpeg

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
If you look at the placement of my platform build do you think I would have clearance problems? Also if you need someone to be a rolling advert during long term use testing I uh may know a guy lol nudge nudge

B58A0C38-883E-45C2-BB02-6FBB4A10F83F.jpeg
Just judging from the photos, it looks like you'll have plenty of clearance, and I'll definitely keep that in mind if we need some third-party testers!

It sounds like if you tackled the Alternator problem first, you could not only sell 40K alternators, but at least 10K snorkels :)
Not a bad thing to take a look into ;)

-Nick

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Just judging from the photos, it looks like you'll have plenty of clearance, and I'll definitely keep that in mind if we need some third-party testers!

Not a bad thing to take a look into ;)

-Nick
You'd have a lot of happy customers if you came with with a solution for the alternator...

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey Guys!

Sorry for leaving you hanging on the next update! For those who follow our blog, you might have already caught wind of our design plans, but for those who don't, here it is!

Snorkel-assembly.jpg

To find out more about the design, and everything that we're cooking up for our Ranger Snorkel, make sure that you head over to our Engineering Blog to read up!

As always, feel free to shoot over any questions that you might have!

-Nick
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.