First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
" It also had a redneck engineered cold air intake" love it, great description.
There's a Jeff Foxworthy joke in there somewhere
squinty grin.jpeg
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
yes, i am also assuming he's white as well.
i know in this day and age its a major faux pas to make these assumptions, but it is what it is.
His mom probably also has a hair style from the 80's, platinum blonde dye job, got her breasts augmented after the babies and hasnt worked a day in her whole life.
I think I may know this guy.... this narrows it down to like 12 or 13 dudes Ive known.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Dealers will try to sell anything, if they cant sell it on their lot they send them to auction. I've never had good luck buying used cars you are usually buying someone else's problem.
People who can't sell their problem vehicle themselves or afford to donate them to a charity sometimes will off them to a dealer, or let them get repo'ed and live with a bankruptcy and/or a 2-digit credit score.. Those wind up at auction, and a dealer might buy the vehicle anyway if it' can be bought "right." Not saying this is what happened in this case, but it does happen. At auction, you don't get to drive the car and usually there is no additional documentation if it has never been wrecked or stolen.
Had @noidentity bought it directly from the person, it's doubtful he would have the support he's getting from the dealer.

@noidentity, +1000000 if you can get an extended warranty!

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
i know in this day and age its a major faux pas to make these assumptions, but it is what it is.
His mom probably also has a hair style from the 80's, platinum blonde dye job, got her breasts augmented after the babies and hasnt worked a day in her whole life.
He's white....only a white hillbilly would come up with that homemade CAI....lol.
Looks like my cousin might have had some input in that setup.. ;)

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
He's white...
Nothing g wrong with this at all. Everybody knows that white folks are the ONLY people that can be made fun of these days.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
White + straight + Christian + male = the root cause of every problem in society today.

Just ask the media.

If you add Conservative to that equation then they're not just a problem but are pure evil.

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Dealers will try to sell anything, if they cant sell it on their lot they send them to auction.
Quite frankly, I'm rather surprised a dealer even tried to sell a truck with such bandit mods on their own lot. Usually these get sent straight to auction where the buyer takes the risk on problems and owns whatever blows up. Looks like they realize that mistake now and why they're owning it. Good for them. I do hope their repairs are the end of it.

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
There are many posts in other sections about mod kits that change boost, fuel delivery, etc.

I wouldn't touch these with a 10 ft. pole. ...but I retired my last two vehicles at 21+ years.

Ford durability/reliability engineering verified the Ranger to have a good service life as designed. Once you start tinkering and increase engine and drive train loads, all bets are off.

...I guess you have fun for a few years and dump the truck before the problems come home.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing g wrong with this at all. Everybody knows that white folks are the ONLY people that can be made fun of these days.
If getting made fun of is what it takes to stop this crazy BS that's going on then I will gladly be a pin cushion for white guy jokes...bring it on! My skin is THICK...lol ;) :clap::turkey:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
White + straight + Christian + male = the root cause of every problem in society today.

Just ask the media.

If you add Conservative to that equation then they're not just a problem but are pure evil.
This.

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
Yes. Since this spin has survived the moderators:

"Mansplaining" ...Look it up. Then never, ever suggest a better way to undertake something to a woman, even if her direction is certain disaster.

"Toxic masculinity" ...beats the heck out of me. ....my best guess is if you don't carry a man bag, you're evil.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Yes. Since this spin has survived the moderators:

"Mansplaining" ...Look it up. Then never, ever suggest a better way to undertake something to a woman, even if her direction is certain disaster.

"Toxic masculinity" ...beats the heck out of me. ....my best guess is if you don't carry a man bag, you're evil.
"If a man speaks his mind in the forest, and there is no woman around to correct him, is he still wrong?"-George Carlin
Sponsored