Blown turbo at 50k [Update]

GSD4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL-STX 4WD
I can't believe they would sell the truck with the intake like that.
Back in 2001 I bought a "certified" preowned 99 Toyota Tacoma from a Toyota dealership. A month or two later during the first cold snap of the season my truck died due to a weak battery. Took it to a shop and had it replaced. They showed me the 300~ CCA motorcycle battery that the dealership left under the hood when they sold it to me. lol
Sponsored

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
White + straight + Christian + male = the root cause of every problem in society today.

Just ask the media.

If you add Conservative to that equation then they're not just a problem but are pure evil.
I am doomed.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
yes, i am also assuming he's white as well.
i know in this day and age its a major faux pas to make these assumptions, but it is what it is.
His mom probably also has a hair style from the 80's, platinum blonde dye job, got her breasts augmented after the babies and hasnt worked a day in her whole life.
This coming from the guy who attempted to lecture someone about incentive comments? LMAO, talk about a hypocrite. ?

Screenshot_20210405-205711.png

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I am doomed.
You and me both man, and to add fuel. I still open the door for my wife, give her flowers, and put her needs before me. I guess that makes me a .......well you know that Gillette commercial.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
You and me both man, and to add fuel. I still open the door for my wife, give her flowers, and put her needs before me. I guess that makes me a .......well you know that Gillette commercial.
A real man has no problem being a real husband to his bride.
Well done, sir. I hope your children are paying attention...

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Back in the day you were a Marlboro man! ?

N. J. Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
That would be a HOT air intake. Guaranteed -5hp.
I think he should have ran that setup down near the bottom of the truck to really suck some of that clean air! LOL

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Back in the day you were a Marlboro man! ?
or a knight in shining armor - a Sir Galahad , the noblest knight of all. Not sure if that fits well with the blown turbo thread subject though.

BDawgSTX

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
In my 50 plus years walking this planet, raised in Wayne County WV, years spent in USAF as Security Police, now living in JoCo NC, I have seen some creative engineering. That CAI is definitely takes the prize. That would have had me ask the dealer, where the hell did you find this truck? Closed the hood and found another. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Heard there is a new campaign in the US where women will kick a stranger in the balls for holding a door.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
If getting made fun of is what it takes to stop this crazy BS that's going on then I will gladly be a pin cushion for white guy jokes...bring it on! My skin is THICK...lol ;) :clap::turkey:
Settle down whitey whiteskins. Someone might call you the R word. :LOL:

HBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Dealers will try to sell anything, if they cant sell it on their lot they send them to auction. I've never had good luck buying used cars you are usually buying someone else's problem.
This 100%. I bought a CP0 2015 Audi S3 a few years ago. Thought nothing of it and took it to an auto cross a few weeks after and low and behold when I was using launch control on the starts, I was doing FWD burnouts. They sold the car to me with a blown rear diff.

Best part was when I took it back and the tech stated he wasn't familiar with AWD systems (at an Audi dealer) and the service manager didn't know what launch control was and we had to take a new S3 on the lot so he could see what it was...

parkranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX super crew
Occupation
Locksmith
This 100%. I bought a CP0 2015 Audi S3 a few years ago. Thought nothing of it and took it to an auto cross a few weeks after and low and behold when I was using launch control on the starts, I was doing FWD burnouts. They sold the car to me with a blown rear diff.

Best part was when I took it back and the tech stated he wasn't familiar with AWD systems (at an Audi dealer) and the service manager didn't know what launch control was and we had to take a new S3 on the lot so he could see what it was...
Ooh that sounds like fun! I'm sure launch controlling is in no way hard on the rear diff and contributed in no way to it being burnt up by the previous owner. ?

Seriously though it sounds like fun ?

Sidenote: what's up with OP's F$#k'n Ranger?
Sponsored