Blown Turbo at 53k

noidentity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Got the call from the dealership last night, and I have a blown turbo in my 2019 with 52k miles. I was going to work in the morning and started losing power on the interstate. It felt like it wasnt in gear. I could release the gas pedal, reapply it, and it would make power again. I made it to work and forgot about it. Everything was fine leaving work for about 15 miles and it started again. I had to pull off the highway and have it towed in.

Dealer says its covered under warranty, and will take two days to get the part in, and another three days for the repair. I'll have a loaner car in the mean time. Everything seems to be going smoothly, I'll post any hiccups along the way.
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Sure glad it's covered by warranty, would be a real blow to the rep of these 'Ford Tough' trucks if not.

How would you describe your use of your Ranger? Work (hauling/towing) and driving conditions/style? I know there are members here that have more miles than that.

Fuel used? Of course everyone wants to know how stock you are. I'd want to know if auto-start is to blame.

It's not like there is an enormous amount of unproven tech on our trucks.

Keep us updated on feedback from your mechanic(s)?

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Is this a work truck a family truck, use it for commuting, driving habits?
Sometimes things happen. I'm sure it will be fine once they fix it.:like:
What's the loaner?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's it...I'm buying a Ridgeline! :bandit:

In all seriousness I hope everything works out for you and it looks like your dealer is doing everything to ease the pain. Good luck!

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Got the call from the dealership last night, and I have a blown turbo in my 2019 with 52k miles. I was going to work in the morning and started losing power on the interstate. It felt like it wasnt in gear. I could release the gas pedal, reapply it, and it would make power again. I made it to work and forgot about it. Everything was fine leaving work for about 15 miles and it started again. I had to pull off the highway and have it towed in.

Dealer says its covered under warranty, and will take two days to get the part in, and another three days for the repair. I'll have a loaner car in the mean time. Everything seems to be going smoothly, I'll post any hiccups along the way.
Wow, I hope that this repair works out for you--and that blowing a turbo at 50,000+ is a freak thing that will not be happening to other members who cross that level!

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
I'm interested to hear how the repairs turn out. The last ford we owned was a 87 150 so I investigated these eco-bosts and found darn few failures with them.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
wastegate or the turbo itself bite the dust ? I think they call it an integral wastegate so they maybe replace the whole assembly ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Got the call from the dealership last night, and I have a blown turbo in my 2019 with 52k miles. I was going to work in the morning and started losing power on the interstate. It felt like it wasnt in gear. I could release the gas pedal, reapply it, and it would make power again. I made it to work and

Wasn’t sure where to post this, but I feel like everyone should know... I’m running a 5 Star Tune, blow off valve, AFE inter cooler pipes, intake, and 3” exhaust... everything has been bought through 5 Star Tuning... I’ve had the 93 performance tune since 5,000 miles, and it’s ran flawlessly.... I’m currently
Is this a Texas thing? ?

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
Wow, I hope that this repair works out for you--and that blowing a turbo at 50,000+ is a freak thing that will not be happening to other members who cross that level!
Well I'm at 56 and I know of one guy over 60k and we both still have ours... And I tow a lot. ?

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Another good advertisement for an extended warranty. If he's at 53K that would be the only way that is covered.
Well, I'm almost at 38K in my 2019 and most of you know I run the poo poo out of mine. As long as they don't squirrel with me about my tune...I'll pay the $100 deductible for a turbo replacement. I'm betting it don't happen ;)
Sure won't inhibit me from making my rear-end bump 3 times....lol :turkey::turkey::turkey:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Another good advertisement for an extended warranty. If he's at 53K that would be the only way that is covered.
Well, I'm almost at 38K in my 2019 and most of you know I run the poo poo out of mine. As long as they don't squirrel with me about my tune...I'll pay the $100 deductible for a turbo replacement. I'm betting it don't happen ;)
Sure won't inhibit me from making my rear-end bump 3 times....lol :turkey::turkey::turkey:
power train warranty is 5/60 - I believe that includes the turbocharger
Sponsored