First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XL Extended Cab 4x4 Shadow Black
Occupation
Business owner
I admit to being totally immersed in matters that do not revolve around my new Ranger (shame on me!..), so I went out a bought a bottle of Mother's Back to Black tire cleaner/restorer. Two back-to-back applications revived the sidewalls back to their factory color. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advise and technical information regarding the chemical compounds used in the manufacturing of 21st century tires. I've been running on Continental Tires for decades and always found them to be well made and long-lasting.

NJSalt23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XL Extended Cab 4x4 Shadow Black
Occupation
Business owner
I have the application of the tire treatment time-stamped for review later down the line.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I used to have some browning on my General Grabbers. Now, I make sure to scrub the sidewalls every time I wash the truck and I apply tire dressing. It takes a couple of washes and applications to get rid of that build-up but once it’s gone, it’s easy to keep it under control. @Msfitoy told me about a great tire dressing that leaves a matte finish - it’s not shiny - basically, it makes your tires look brand new. If you prefer the shiny look, those dressings work too.

Aero Cosmetics Rubber Care - Sid-approved product!

IMG_6265.jpeg

You can find it on Amazon, at automotive stores, online detailing suppliers, etc.
So I ordered this tire cleaner/protectorate after this post. It arrived earlier and I had a chance to try it out. Wow. If the matte finish lasts and it keeps the browning of the OEM Hankooks at bay, that will be perfect.

Here are pics after one quick application.

PXL_20240422_212105652.jpg
PXL_20240422_212111719.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
So I ordered this tire cleaner/protectorate after this post. It arrived earlier and I had a chance to try it out. Wow. If the matte finish lasts and it keeps the browning of the OEM Hankooks at bay, that will be perfect.

Here are pics after one quick application.

PXL_20240422_212105652.jpg
PXL_20240422_212111719.jpg
Lookin’ sharp Ed. Wait until you do your second or third treatment - it looks even better. 👌

Reactions: EJH