First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
lots of confusing stuff on here is 285/70/17 tires is it required for a spacer to fit? i have a 2" lift. trying not to waste my time at a tire place putting them on for it not to work of course.
Sponsored

Ranger54

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Service advisor
You will need a 5/16 (universal) or larger spacer in our experience at my work. Depends on the tire as well.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I just installed 285/70-17 Firestone Destination XT'S on my truck today. I have the Old Man EMU lift and stock wheels with no spacers what so ever. On the street they do not rub. Offroad..... Well I will find out tomorrow but I think I will be fine.

0515211335.jpg

OP
OP

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
You will need a 5/16 (universal) or larger spacer in our experience at my work. Depends on the tire as well.
ya just looking to see if i can get them on for time being for road stuff and maybe get the spacer for offroading after. shop by me is selling a set for dirt money and free mount and balance lol

Ranger54

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Service advisor
ya just looking to see if i can get them on for time being for road stuff and maybe get the spacer for offroading after. shop by me is selling a set for dirt money and free mount and balance lol
I bet you’ll be ok. We test fit first on oversized tires and wheels. Have them do the same!

OP
OP

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
I bet you’ll be ok. We test fit first on oversized tires and wheels. Have them do the same!
Ya it's a set of general grabbers, should be able to get spacers in a week or two anyways but need them to work till then

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So an update on my end. With the Old Man EMU lift, 285/70-17 Firestone Destination XT on Factory Sport wheels with no spacers and using the Swaybar disconnect I only got a little rub turning when fully compressed up front. Simple fix, remover the plastic covers on the front crash bars and move the front crash bars forward. After that its all good. Other tires I can't say

OP
OP

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
So an update on my end. With the Old Man EMU lift, 285/70-17 Firestone Destination XT on Factory Sport wheels with no spacers and using the Swaybar disconnect I only got a little rub turning when fully compressed up front. Simple fix, remover the plastic covers on the front crash bars and move the front crash bars forward. After that its all good. Other tires I can't say
im removing my bars all together im just wondering about the knuckle rub with no spacers on the stock sport wheels? the spacers wont arrive till next week but was gonna get the tires on this week if they would fit.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
im removing my bars all together im just wondering about the knuckle rub with no spacers on the stock sport wheels? the spacers wont arrive till next week but was gonna get the tires on this week if they would fit.
I do not have any rub on the knuckles what so ever but then again I have the Firestone Destination XT'S. To my understanding the KO2's and Grabbers may rub.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I do not have any rub on the knuckles what so ever but then again I have the Firestone Destination XT'S. To my understanding the KO2's and Grabbers may rub.
There have been a few guys now who posted 285/70R17 BFG K0'2 don't rub on the knuckle. There are so many dang tire threads I gave up trying to find an example :crazy: The one I remember specifically was a blue Ranger where he took pics at the tire store and out in the parking lot.

OP
OP

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
There have been a few guys now who posted 285/70R17 BFG K0'2 don't rub on the knuckle. There are so many dang tire threads I gave up trying to find an example :crazy: The one I remember specifically was a blue Ranger where he took pics at the tire store and out in the parking lot.
Lol my point exactly so much conflicting info about fitments here it's crazy, just gonna send it hope they fit at this point.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I would not be suprised if on the street it was fine. Thay is how my truck is. It was Offroad that I found the issue as the springs compressing into a trunk would cause issue on the front crash bar. Easy fix to say the least.

OP
OP

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
I would not be suprised if on the street it was fine. Thay is how my truck is. It was Offroad that I found the issue as the springs compressing into a trunk would cause issue on the front crash bar. Easy fix to say the least.
Okay thanks for the info sounds about what I thought won't be offroading for a bit anyways but didn't wanna miss a deal on some tires

MassRanger37

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
Occupation
HVAC
Hi French, kinda new to this whole scene. I like the 285 Firestones and I’m thinking about pulling the trigger. I saw you removed the crash bar covers but what do you mean by moving them up? Is it something easy to do? Hoping I could pull off 285s without spacers

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi French, kinda new to this whole scene. I like the 285 Firestones and I’m thinking about pulling the trigger. I saw you removed the crash bar covers but what do you mean by moving them up? Is it something easy to do? Hoping I could pull off 285s without spacers
Simply loosen the bolts for the crash bars and push them away from the tires. After that tighten them back up. Don't be surprised if a few don't move.
Sponsored