Best tune for increased throttle response and better shifting

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
So it's ok if I go back and delete all your useless thread derailing posts? :oops::wink:
you got a free month or two on the horizon???
Sponsored

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I run a 91 octane Unleashed tune, very happy with it. Gobs of power and smoother tranny action. They have tuned lots of EB motors and very quick customer service.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Well.... it only retains 3 years of the warranty. It does NOT retain the 5 year warranty, as far as I could tell, which is why I decided to not go that route.
I have attached the Ford Performance warranty document. It clearly states in the second paragraph that it does not impact the factory warranty. If you had a failure after the FP warranty period associated with the tune that would not be covered but it does not shorten you powertrain warranty.

Attachments

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I have attached the Ford Performance warranty document. It clearly states in the second paragraph that it does not impact the factory warranty. If you had a failure after the FP warranty period associated with the tune that would not be covered but it does not shorten you powertrain warranty.
OK. When I was looking I thought I read that with the tune the warranty would be 3yrs/36000 from the time of purchase of the truck, not from purchase of the tune.

Note sure what I was looking at.

Reactions: Doc

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
OK. When I was looking I thought I read that with the tune the warranty would be 3yrs/36000 from the time of purchase of the truck, not from purchase of the tune.

Note sure what I was looking at.
This is correct in that it's 3/36 from the truck's in-service date.

The FP does not shorten your original 5/60 warranty, it DOES limit the powertrain to 3/36 IF a problem occurs related to the tune.

That said, the FP tune was more than likely much more thoroughly tested than all the other tunes simply because of having factory backing.

Whereas many tuners may have had a few trucks and a short window of time to build their tune from, FP probably had dozens of trucks and many weeks of varying climate conditions to refine their tunes.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Roush tune... keeps the existing warranty. Ive had it for a year and a half and its great in all situations.

*let the hating begin below*

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
The problem with that is you already know every dealership out there will say it has a tune and that clearly caused the failure. That's the huge problem to that. It'd be the same idea if you had a tune not approved by Ford on your truck. The dealership could say that's the cause of the failure now you're SOL

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
The problem with that is you already know every dealership out there will say it has a tune and that clearly caused the failure. That's the huge problem to that. It'd be the same idea if you had a tune not approved by Ford on your truck. The dealership could say that's the cause of the failure now you're SOL
Regardless, they only have 14,00 miles to say that anyways even if they did want to blame the tune (which I think is unlikely)

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
I’m surprised someone hasn’t….. oh never mind, I have them blocked ?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I think one can flash back to stock and they may not know you had a tune?? so if something pops go back to stock and dont answer too many questions. I hate to sound like an ass but in my mind a warranty is only as good as a dealer salesman... oh wait they call them "service advisors" lol. so in my past experience with ford dealer service i feel pretty much no warranty.? i will not high jack the thread with my stories of the service advisors hosing me. I say tune her up and let it roll. fp put a lot of time in on the tune to be safe and meet the super anal retentive lawyer friendly liability, deniability. They will keep you just happy nuff to finance another ford. problems from the ford tune that havent been bubbed with or seen too much hey yall watch this, are likely few and far between.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I think one can flash back to stock and they may not know you had a tune?? so if something pops go back to stock and dont answer too many questions. I hate to sound like an ass but in my mind a warranty is only as good as a dealer salesman... oh wait they call them "service advisors" lol. so in my past experience with ford dealer service i feel pretty much no warranty.? i will not high jack the thread with my stories of the service advisors hosing me. I say tune her up and let it roll. fp put a lot of time in on the tune to be safe and meet the super anal retentive lawyer friendly liability, deniability. They will keep you just happy nuff to finance another ford. problems from the ford tune that havent been bubbed with or seen too much hey yall watch this, are likely few and far between.
Yeah so there is a problem with that theory. Ford already has a way to see if the vehicle has had a tune removed. Sounds crazy but I have seen the bulletin while working at a Ford dealer. Why do they do that? Simple, because on certain vehicles Ford knows it will happen.

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
I just got the livernois tune. I was considering ford performance one but I would be stuck with 93 octane and only one tune. So I tried the performance tune and it's powerful, I love it. However I noticed it shifts kind of hard. So today I switched to the soft shift tune that was recommended by Dave on here and it's a lot smoother and doesn't feel it's going to kill your power train. I still have to break it in though to get the transmission to relearn everything. But so far so good. I get great acceleration without struggle anddoesn't feel overpowered. I already got the tune and then I came this across video and it does look good as an alternative.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Well you can speculate on what will happen but the dealer does not make the call on whether a warranty claim is denied or not, that decision is made by Ford Motor Co.

I have been on Ecoboost Performance forums continuously since 2012 and I have never heard of anyone with a Ford Performance tune having a powertrain warranty claim denied.

OP
OP
briwill70

briwill70

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm definitely leaning towards the Ford tune. ?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc