Anyone here using FP ecoboost tune combined with throttle controller?

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
Anybody else here have both FP ecoboost tune & aftermarket throttle controller on their Ranger? Just purchased Sprint Boost controller to help improve lag in throttle response and hoping it does the trick.
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Anybody else here have both FP ecoboost tune & aftermarket throttle controller on their Ranger? Just purchased Sprint Boost controller to help improve lag in throttle response and hoping it does the trick.
I don’t think many have put a tune and a pedal controller. Most chose to use a tune to improve throttle response. However keep in mind that if you slam the pedal down WOT it takes time for the boost to build just how our engine is.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think many have put a tune and a pedal controller. Most chose to use a tune to improve throttle response. However keep in mind that if you slam the pedal down WOT it takes time for the boost to build just how our engine is.
Wondering if it would be better to get into the throttle a little less than wot and let the boost catch up? Shame that Ford didn't make our engines twin turbos like the 3.5L I had in my F150, it had no tune and zero lag, ran like a striped ape

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Our trucks apparently have a twin scroll turbo that lessens boost lag but of course doesn't eliminate it.

The progressive increase in power is very good in the Ranger.

My modified Rx7 Turbo had big boost lag, actually less than a second but seemed longer.

Press the go pedal then wait... wait... BAM! Tires break traction and it felt like you were rearended by a dump truck.

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
I’m running the Ford tune plus a Pedal Commander. Even with the tune the throttle response was too laggy for me. The Pedal Commander really woke up the response. I have to be mindful
about how quickly I get into the throttle or the truck jumps like it was bit in the ass by a Pitbull.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Wondering if it would be better to get into the throttle a little less than wot and let the boost catch up? Shame that Ford didn't make our engines twin turbos like the 3.5L I had in my F150, it had no tune and zero lag, ran like a striped ape
Yup. I have notes that the power is pretty linear and less lag at 70-80 pedal position but is it faster. I have not taken time differences relative to pedal position.

Bdem62

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Director, Safety Division
I'm running an SCT BDX Tune and a Pedal Commander

sal33n

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio, 2016 Mustang GT
Do these two seem to work well together?
They do for me. It can be overly aggressive at times, depending on the setting, so I just use it when I am in situations that I want the pedal to react faster. It also helps putting it in eco mode when it's slippery out.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I find that the FPT gave me enough throttle response improvement that I don't feel the need for the Pedal Commander, although if I tried it I might change my mind, but I like it the way it is.
Sponsored