Best 20 minute upgrade? Sumo Springs

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
So I've got my 21 Tremor Lariat leveled on the front with 1" levelers and stock rear suspension. Not happy with the sag and getting flashed at night by all oncoming g traffic when towing the teardrop.

I was very hesitant to do any rear suspension mods and really contemplated removing the levelers from the front and calling it a day. Looked at helpers, dynamic springs, etc... and decided to try Sumo Springs.

Here's the short story. $200 and 20 minute install. These completely removed and squat from the teardrop. They ride wonderful loaded and unloaded based on about ten miles with each. Eliminate any bounce in the rear, are quiet and provide a very civilized response to the road in the rear now. Very subtle difference with no load. More noticeable with a load with almost no feeling of pulling a trailer at all.

Very happy! No squat now and no negative affect on unloaded vehicle with only positive affect on loaded. Win, win, win.

If you're curious, try them out yourself. They also have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

Before:

20220716_181338.jpg

After: much more noticeable in person but now completely level with load.
20220822_162809.jpg

20220822_162743.jpg
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Which did you go with...the Blue or the Black set ???
Any problems with getting the OE bolts off ???

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Which did you go with...the Blue or the Black set ???
Any problems with getting the OE bolts off ???
I didn't take any chances with mine, I pulled the foam out and hit the bolt with a torch for a bit. My truck seems to have an over abundance of threadlock on it. My driveshaft bolts required heat to get out, and the bumpstops broke free fine but got progressively harder so I stopped right there and torched them.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
MIBuckeye

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't take any chances with mine, I pulled the foam out and hit the bolt with a torch for a bit. My truck seems to have an over abundance of threadlock on it. My driveshaft bolts required heat to get out, and the bumpstops broke free fine but got progressively harder so I stopped right there and torched them.
I was hoping not to have to do that. I usually give it a crack in the clockwise direction, then work it counter-clockwise, stopping and reversing if it's too resistant...heat always works too though.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
So I've got my 21 Tremor Lariat leveled on the front with 1" levelers and stock rear suspension. Not happy with the sag and getting flashed at night by all oncoming g traffic when towing the teardrop.

I was very hesitant to do any rear suspension mods and really contemplated removing the levelers from the front and calling it a day. Looked at helpers, dynamic springs, etc... and decided to try Sumo Springs.

Here's the short story. $200 and 20 minute install. These completely removed and squat from the teardrop. They ride wonderful loaded and unloaded based on about ten miles with each. Eliminate any bounce in the rear, are quiet and provide a very civilized response to the road in the rear now. Very subtle difference with no load. More noticeable with a load with almost no feeling of pulling a trailer at all.

Very happy! No squat now and no negative affect on unloaded vehicle with only positive affect on loaded. Win, win, win.

If you're curious, try them out yourself. They also have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

Before:

20220716_181338.jpg

After: much more noticeable in person but now completely level with load.
20220822_162809.jpg

20220822_162743.jpg
I'm surprised to see that much squat from a teardrop; I had a little over 700 pounds of gear in the bed of mine for a week and it barely brought it to level.

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My tremor rear springs seem pretty soft also.

OP
OP
MIBuckeye

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm surprised to see that much squat from a teardrop; I had a little over 700 pounds of gear in the bed of mine for a week and it barely brought it to level.
Plus it's got a leveling kit up front...

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
So is the sumo spring just longer than the oe jounce bumper and thus contacts the axle housing earlier?

OP
OP
MIBuckeye

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is the sumo spring just longer than the oe jounce bumper and thus contacts the axle housing earlier?
Actually sits on it at all times. It provides resistance along the range of spring compression, effectively increasing the spring rate progressively. It is not a stop until its compressed almost equal to the original stop. Hope that makes sense.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Actually sits on it at all times. It provides resistance along the range of spring compression, effectively increasing the spring rate progressively. It is not a stop until its compressed almost equal to the original stop. Hope that makes sense.
Yes, makes perfect sense. Thank you!

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I installed a set of those on the back of my M/H, not so much for squat, but to help reduce the sway from passing trucks or uneven road bed, they work well, but in my application I had to drill the frame to install the brackets.

OP
OP
MIBuckeye

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed a set of those on the back of my M/H, not so much for squat, but to help reduce the sway from passing trucks or uneven road bed, they work well, but in my application I had to drill the frame to install the brackets.
It does help with that too. I notice a more planted rear end.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Do you have a pic of the product or a link? Or both?
Sponsored