Bad Fuel Injector

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
It would appear that Ford got a bad batch of injectors at some point. That issue didn't seem to manifest on earlier trucks. I appear to have missed the issue - my truck was built very close to when several of the trucks here that had the issue, but I've not had any problems. It is not indicative of some engineering or design faults. Those are the things that would make me concerned. All the issues to date have been relatively minor and due to parts issues, not design issues - at least from what I've seen.

I will reiterated what Iv'e said many times - this is the BEST truck I've ever owned, and it is my favorite vehicle I've ever owned, with the possible exception of my first car (which I still have). This truck is incredible, IMO. It ain't perfect (no vehicle is), but this one is pretty darn close.
Yeppers...pretty much agree.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
It would appear that Ford got a bad batch of injectors at some point. That issue didn't seem to manifest on earlier trucks. I appear to have missed the issue - my truck was built very close to when several of the trucks here that had the issue, but I've not had any problems. It is not indicative of some engineering or design faults. Those are the things that would make me concerned. All the issues to date have been relatively minor and due to parts issues, not design issues - at least from what I've seen.

I will reiterated what Iv'e said many times - this is the BEST truck I've ever owned, and it is my favorite vehicle I've ever owned, with the possible exception of my first car (which I still have). This truck is incredible, IMO. It ain't perfect (no vehicle is), but this one is pretty darn close.
Exactly, my complaint was solely leveled at the parts supply problem. I dropped $39k and five days later I was without my truck for 23 days. Not cool. I got my Ranger back and I’m having a blast with it. It’s a great truck. I have zero regrets buying it.

DiscoBatman

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I appreciate the extra input guys. I really like the Ranger more than the Taco, but this injector issue had pushed me back into looking at Tacos. I'll circle back around to the Ranger.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly, my complaint was solely leveled at the parts supply problem. I dropped $39k and five days later I was without my truck for 23 days. Not cool. I got my Ranger back and I’m having a blast with it. It’s a great truck. I have zero regrets buying it.
Unfortunately, parts availability is common on new vehicles for a period of time. It will get better as time goes on.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I appreciate the extra input guys. I really like the Ranger more than the Taco, but this injector issue had pushed me back into looking at Tacos. I'll circle back around to the Ranger.
Right now it's just a parts supply issue. Once fixed there are no long term implications.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Some people just want to buy a truck without serious issues. I count failing fuel injectors within a couple hundred miles as “serious” not first year growing pains.
Ford does not make injectors, these are sourced. The got a batch in that have issues.

And parts is bad parts. You can replace a sensor, only to have it fail 5 miles down the road. It sucks, but nothing you can do about a failed part.

No where were serious. It is not a design flaw or manufacturing problem. It's a failed part.

About as non-serious as you can get.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
The dealers handling of this issue is beyond ludicrous. The others that had this problem had nowhere near the wait and headache you endured.

That dealer should be paying you some sort of restitution.

I hope you went on Yelp and other sites to give a horrid review. That gets their attention quick.

DiscoBatman

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Ford does not make injectors, these are sourced. The got a batch in that have issues.

And parts is bad parts. You can replace a sensor, only to have it fail 5 miles down the road. It sucks, but nothing you can do about a failed part.

No where were serious. It is not a design flaw or manufacturing problem. It's a failed part.

About as non-serious as you can get.

Failed fuel injector on brand new truck. Not serious to you. Lol ok

DiscoBatman

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
With that being said I just drove one again and it’s a hell of a truck.

Reactions: Ric

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Possibly, but drama filled threads full of "Ford has completely lost my trust" or something to that effect definitely doesnt help.
Please, point me to a manufacturer that doesn't have a forum like that.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Please, point me to a manufacturer that doesn't have a forum like that.
I can't. I was simply empathizing with the person commenting before and then providing an alternative to the guy to whom I was commenting.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
It is a serious annoyance but not a serious problem. There will be a solution to the problem. My 2012 Ford Focus had a serious design flaw in the DCT transmission and Ford had no solution other than to replace the clutch pack every 10,000 miles. That was a serious problem and to this day there is no solution.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I do wish more folks had taken CRs advice, Then maybe I wouldn't have waited 5 months to get my Ranger!:giggle:
Its not the flaws which matter, its how the company responds to small issues.
The 1984 Tempo was one of the first Fords to have TRX tires with a suspension tuned to match and 4wheel alignment.
When the tires wore prematurely, Ford took my Tempo and changed the alignment specs, then bought me four new TRX tires and paid me back for the tires I had already bought.
TRX were great performance tires with a VERY soft compound, the car would out handle a an M3.
Ford has the best first year track record of any manufacturer over the last 50 years.:like:
Maybe I should look at CR differently..., they help keep the availability up and the price down on some of the best cars in the world. We should encourage subscriptions!:clap:
Floyd, you are a fun guy and I like you. Predictable, but fun. :)

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Not even close. A failed part is nothing. Replace it and move on.

A serious problem is the chevy/gm 8 speed transmission that has been a problem since what 2016, with no solution in site? That is a design flaw and a serious issue.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Not even close. A failed part is nothing. Replace it and move on.

A serious problem is the chevy/gm 8 speed transmission that has been a problem since what 2016, with no solution in site? That is a design flaw and a serious issue.
and a cause of a class-action suit. That is the one issue that definitely took the GM twins out of the running for me.
Sponsored