RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
BREAKING NEWS: I got my Ranger back today! Runs smooth as silk. I am over the moon happy.

D2C094EC-E1D2-4806-8BA1-B85CAF6506BC.jpeg
Congrats - now you can enjoy your truck again!
Sponsored

Reactions: Ric

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
BREAKING NEWS: I got my Ranger back today! Runs smooth as silk. I am over the moon happy.

D2C094EC-E1D2-4806-8BA1-B85CAF6506BC.jpeg
That's awesome news man! Mine also has been great after the injector replaced and PCM updated. I was just driving it around today and was thinking how much I like my Ranger.

Reactions: Ric
OP
OP

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Here is the repair summary from the dealership. The Tube ASY part was the hold up. I hope this helps others understand what happened to my Ranger.
E99439CF-1E5B-4D55-B193-00920D3F30A8.jpeg

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Here is the repair summary from the dealership. The Tube ASY part was the hold up. I hope this helps others understand what happened to my Ranger.
E99439CF-1E5B-4D55-B193-00920D3F30A8.jpeg
So question since you finally have it back and it's running properly how do you like it?

DiscoBatman

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I was 100% sold on buying a new Ranger. Just hadn’t decided between ordering one or dealer stock. This thread has made me put the brakes on.

I hope everyone’s truck is trouble free from here on out.

OP
OP

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I was 100% sold on buying a new Ranger. Just hadn’t decided between ordering one or dealer stock. This thread has made me put the brakes on.

Just know, this kind of stuff happens to all makes and models. Life is a crap shoot. Please read the other threads to hear many more stories from satisfied Ranger fans, of whom, I am now one.

Last edited:

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue

Ya I put a problem/satisfaction poll thread because threads like this were giving me cold feet (and I am 5 1/2 months in waiting).

If folks were being truthful, most folks are having 0 problems. But I get it. These drama filled threads can get in your head. Folks need to chill out a bit. I get being upset, but populating the threads with drama every day isnt doing new people any favors.

Anyway, I am prepared to drop my truck off of as much as I need to.

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
Ya I put a problem/satisfaction poll thread because threads like this were giving me cold feet (and I am 5 1/2 months in waiting).

If folks were being truthful, most folks are having 0 problems. But I get it. These drama filled threads can get in your head. Folks need to chill out a bit. I get being upset, but populating the threads with drama every day isnt doing new people any favors.

Anyway, I am prepared to drop my truck off of as much as I need to.
I think that some just want a reason not to buy

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Possibly, but drama filled threads full of "Ford has completely lost my trust" or something to that effect definitely doesnt help. Whats funny is that after weeks or months of belly aching its all 100% good immediately after the issue is resolved. I mean if the really hard feelings can be resolved *that* easily and quickly seems like more patience is in order. Instead it comes off as a teenager whining until they get their way.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
These issues are very common with the first year of a new/modified vehicle. I am always grateful to the early adopters that work through these issues and make it easier for guys like me that wait for the 2nd or 3rd year for these teething pains to be solved. Consumer Reports (Floyd is waiting to pounce) has recommended for a long time to wait a couple of years before buying and I think that is solid advice especially after I got burned terribly with a 2012 Ford Focus.

Ford will solve these issues and fix the problems in your 2019 Rangers but there will be frustration along the way for some owners.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
These issues are very common with the first year of a new/modified vehicle. I am always grateful to the early adopters that work through these issues and make it easier for guys like me that wait for the 2nd or 3rd year for these teething pains to be solved. Consumer Reports (Floyd is waiting to pounce) has recommended for a long time to wait a couple of years before buying and I think that is solid advice especially after I got burned terribly with a 2012 Ford Focus.

Ford will solve these issues and fix the problems in your 2019 Rangers but there will be frustration along the way for some owners.
I do wish more folks had taken CRs advice, Then maybe I wouldn't have waited 5 months to get my Ranger!:giggle:
Its not the flaws which matter, its how the company responds to small issues.
The 1984 Tempo was one of the first Fords to have TRX tires with a suspension tuned to match and 4wheel alignment.
When the tires wore prematurely, Ford took my Tempo and changed the alignment specs, then bought me four new TRX tires and paid me back for the tires I had already bought.
TRX were great performance tires with a VERY soft compound, the car would out handle a an M3.
Ford has the best first year track record of any manufacturer over the last 50 years.:like:
Maybe I should look at CR differently..., they help keep the availability up and the price down on some of the best cars in the world. We should encourage subscriptions!:clap:

DiscoBatman

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Some people just want to buy a truck without serious issues. I count failing fuel injectors within a couple hundred miles as “serious” not first year growing pains.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Some people just want to buy a truck without serious issues. I count failing fuel injectors within a couple hundred miles as “serious” not first year growing pains.
It would appear that Ford got a bad batch of injectors at some point. That issue didn't seem to manifest on earlier trucks. I appear to have missed the issue - my truck was built very close to when several of the trucks here that had the issue, but I've not had any problems. It is not indicative of some engineering or design faults. Those are the things that would make me concerned. All the issues to date have been relatively minor and due to parts issues, not design issues - at least from what I've seen.

I will reiterated what Iv'e said many times - this is the BEST truck I've ever owned, and it is my favorite vehicle I've ever owned, with the possible exception of my first car (which I still have). This truck is incredible, IMO. It ain't perfect (no vehicle is), but this one is pretty darn close.
Sponsored