Bad Fuel Injector

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
You keep saying Ford, but it kind of seems like it is your dealer that is dropping the ball on this one. Ford released the TSB, and others have apparently not had issues getting parts, and yet your dealer is telling you they can't get parts and they won't give you a loaner - that isn't on Ford, that is on your dealer.
Yep, I agree.
Sponsored

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Man that dealer is not impressing.

I've had dealers drive 3 hours to the parts depot when they could not get a part in a reasonable time.

These guys need to step up. No excuse for "no parts".
I agree. My truck went into the shop on a Tuesday morning and by Wednesday afternoon they had the parts to replace the bad injector. I told him the parts sound hard to get and he said he'd pick up the phone and call until he found them. Then they paid to get them overnighted while I had a loaner provided by them. That's service that keeps me going back to my dealer.

OP
OP

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I agree. My truck went into the shop on a Tuesday morning and by Wednesday afternoon they had the parts to replace the bad injector. I told him the parts sound hard to get and he said he'd pick up the phone and call until he found them. Then they paid to get them overnighted while I had a loaner provided by them. That's service that keeps me going back to my dealer.
Ford Corporate said they will reimburse me up to $30.00 a day for a rental car provided it’s a Ford. I asked them how long is it no longer reasonable for me to wait to get my new truck in working order and at what point should I think about returning my truck. The representative said 30 days and I reminded them, today is day 20.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Corporate said they will reimburse me up to $30.00 a day for a rental car provided it’s a Ford. I asked them how long is it no longer reasonable for me to wait to get my new truck in working order and at what point should I think about returning my truck. The representative said 30 days and I reminded them, today is day 20.
Again, what about your dealer? Is is possible to have it towed to another dealer to get fixed? It just seems like your dealer is just not making any effort to get it fixed at all - or to help you out (with a loaner).

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Again, what about your dealer? Is is possible to have it towed to another dealer to get fixed? It just seems like your dealer is just not making any effort to get it fixed at all - or to help you out (with a loaner).
Curious maybe you mentioned this before but is the dealer working on your truck the one you bought it from? It's a nice truck and this issue isn't that big of deal. It should have been fixed long ago. Can another dealer load it up and fix it?

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Good reply to Ford. You're dealer should be able to hook you up with a rental I hope.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Ditto, curious here too.
But I'm beginning to think there may be more to it that just an injector. Cause if that's all it is they get a big fat F and a wave goodbye.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
At this point, I'd just forget about things for another 10 business days. I don't think I'd even take the rental if that's manageable. That puts you at 30 days (if you 20 days is business days) you were out of a basically brand-new vehicle which gets you into qualifying for Lemon Law if I'm not mistaken.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be driving down and giving the service manager (and probably the General Manager) a stern talking to.

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
BREAKING NEWS: I got my Ranger back today! Runs smooth as silk. I am over the moon happy.

D2C094EC-E1D2-4806-8BA1-B85CAF6506BC.jpeg
Great!, think I would remove the free advertising license plate bracket