Bad Fuel Injector

DiscoBatman

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Test drive both. I had a 2016 Tacoma that had issues from the get-go. The largest thread on TacomaWorld has 44,000 replies. It a $700 OVTune that apparently 3RD GEN Tacoma owners need. These owners are risking a warranty issue by tuning the truck (even though it is said Toyota won't know it) I don't trust that with a $40K truck.

I found the Tacoma lethargic, noisy (whining and bad rear ends), especially when compared with the Ranger. MPGs are not so hot on the 3rd Gen Tacoma either.

Do your due diligence and buy what calls to you. That's what WE ALL did on this forum and chose the best truck for our needs and wants
I've done that, and I prefer the Ranger. I'm just not wild about Lariat pricing, and I'll want the Lariat.

Also Fair Winds and Following seas. SSN-688, SSN-721 and SSN-771 here.
Sponsored

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've done that, and I prefer the Ranger. I'm just not wild about Lariat pricing, and I'll want the Lariat.

Also Fair Winds and Following seas. SSN-688, SSN-721 and SSN-771 here.
SSN594 Permit SSBN617 Hamilton I'll bet the new boats are a hoot to ride...

As far as Lariat pricing take a look at what another got! $39800 MSRP, Paid $34K and got a zero deductible long term ESC for around a grand AND 1.9% Ford finance. Deals are out there now that orders have come down and dealers stock inventory.

I had a four-month-old Lincoln trade so I paid $3800 OVER MSRP as I was buried to the tune of $9000 according to CarMax. Still worth it to me. I'd do it again. Today's buyers have an easier time to get a discount. As for me, I am saving the $12,000 I owed on the Lincoln lease going forward and applied it to the Ranger

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...for-their-2019-ranger.1603/page-12#post-40959

Jata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma
For me the goal of raising the issue with the injectors is so other folks are on the look out as well as documenting the issues early on so if this begins to be a trend, Ford will have a hard time covering it up. Normally, each issue Ford plays the blame game (owner did something), or you're just not used to this technology, or this is normal and all is all OK. 36K miles later the owner is stuck battling warranty issues. Anyone else on this site have the Ford Focus? Do a quick google search and see the number of law suits filed. Ford knew there was an issues and sold 4-more years worth of Ford Focus' with trans problems. A site like this consolidates the issues, keeps people alert, and give buyers and edge when working with the service departments.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Update - Ford made things right for me. I contacted customer service very soon after my truck went into the shop. I was given lot of reassurances. Suddenly, I stopped hearing from them after my truck was finally back in my possession. I called and called, asking for a status report of the things promised. I heard nothing for weeks. I decided to write to Corporate to let them know my experience. I got a call from someone higher up who immediately apologized for my troubles. She said she would call me back in a week with some answers. Today, I got that call. Ford is stepping up and taking care of me. I could not be happier with my truck and the follow up from Corporate. It was a rocky start , but things are good now. Thank you Ford for making me a happy customer.
Sponsored