Sync Updated - Now Apple Car Play Doesn't Work

joroberts240

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
So, my 2020 Ranger pulled an automatic software update the other day, and it seems Apple Car Play no longer works. It started getting sketchy, then quit working. I tried different cables, deleted and re-added the phone, then tried a master system reset this afternoon. Same issue...

Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

rausa64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
So, my 2020 Ranger pulled an automatic software update the other day, and it seems Apple Car Play no longer works. It started getting sketchy, then quit working. I tried different cables, deleted and re-added the phone, then tried a master system reset this afternoon. Same issue...

Anyone else have this issue?
I am not experiencing any problems but I would be curious what version of Sync you have, if you have navigation maps being updated, and what iOS version you are running.
Hope your problems are resolved easily and quickly.
v/r,
Rich

jacobt409

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I have a 2020 Ranger as well and use CarPlay exclusively over Sync. Haven’t drove in a couple days, but I’ll go check mine later today. I need CarPlay. I went a decade with Sync in my F150. I hate it so much.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Did you restart your phone? Do the real restart where you hold the buttons together.

OP
OP

joroberts240

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I have current IOS on the phone, and the latest software download in the truck (01/10/20).
Tried two different iPhones and two different cables. Same result. When the phone is first added, Apple Car Play comes up, then shuts itself down after 30 seconds and never starts up again.

OP
OP

joroberts240

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Update again...
The Apple CarPlay worked all the way home from work. Now its doing he same thing as before.

Anyone want to buy a slightly used Ranger Lariat?

OP
OP

joroberts240

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I saw other posts that Sync had issues with the IOS-14 updates.
Ford pushed a new Sync update yesterday that seems to have stabilized the issue.

Fingers crossed.

Guess next time i wont update IOS for a few weeks.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
I saw other posts that Sync had issues with the IOS-14 updates.
Ford pushed a new Sync update yesterday that seems to have stabilized the issue.

Fingers crossed.

Guess next time i wont update IOS for a few weeks.
What is the version of Sync? Are you on 3.4.20136? I'm on this from August, when it removed my climate controls (with everyone else's). I kept entering my VIN and the site told me that I was "up to date" at 3.3 when I was at 3.4. I checked last week and it now says that I'm "up to date" on 3.4.20136, but I'm wondering if they re-released 3.4.20136 with the fixed climate controls. Seems stupid to keep the same version #, but that's just me :LOL:.
Sponsored